P1000 Well NOW what is out of adjustment?! >:(

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I love when people refer to computer controlled fuel injected cars as " new fangled" lol. They've only been doing it for 35 years now.

Pffffft yeah well my cars gonna run after an EMP at least *places tin foil hat on and retreats into underground bunker*

But seriously not so much the fuel injection. I mean the abundance of electronics and sensors that are not needed. As well as EPA regs that rob power and reliablity.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pffffft yeah well my cars gonna run after an EMP at least *places tin foil hat on and retreats into underground bunker*

But seriously not so much the fuel injection. I mean the abundance of electronics and sensors that are not needed. As well as EPA regs that rob power and reliablity.
I promise we could make this into an ugly old school/ new school argument, so I will just agree to disagree with you and say I'll take my injected pioneer over my carbed quads of the past any day, especially when it's 10 below.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yeah it's cool, I guess I just prefer being able to work on stuff myself and older stuff like the chevelle is just easier to work on. Not saying it's better, just easier for me. That being said I also just took the whole rear of the pioneer apart to get to the clutch, so maybe I'm just a hypocrite that's stubborn and set in my ways which is actually probable lol.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it's cool, I guess I just prefer being able to work on stuff myself and older stuff like the chevelle is just easier to work on. Not saying it's better, just easier for me. That being said I also just took the whole rear of the pioneer apart to get to the clutch, so maybe I'm just a hypocrite that's stubborn and set in my ways which is actually probable lol.
And for me, growing up in the 90s, I have worked on fuel injected computer controlled vehicles my whole life. It's easier for me to plug it in to a laptop and the car tell me what's wrong with it. It's all perspective I suppose. We're all car guys, so that's all that matters!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Imo As far as fuel injection on a gas engine, that does nothing but give more power better mileage and longer engine life. You can't dump fuel down a hole and expect good results all the way around. A correctly measured mist at the right moment is far superior. Fuel injection has increased motor life by a long shot and killed off many engine rebuilders.if we had this same setup without emissions it would be even better. Only negative I see is that it's harder for some to adjust or change.
I dislike unnecessary electronics that are controlling things that aren't fully needed. When electronics replaces something you could easily do just to make things easier, more idiot proof or just performance oriented is what becomes costly in the end. Sure Ill add many automated things to my rig but I installed them so I can fix it and I never mess with factory electronics. The rig will always run if I did fail.
Technology in my opinion is a great thing when tested and added for the right reasons but like many out there I hate relying on someone in a shop with far less experience then me just because they have the authority to talk to the manufacturer and start replacing items that they're told to in order till it's hopefully fixed.

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Imo As far as fuel injection on a gas engine, that does nothing but give more power better mileage and longer engine life. You can't dump fuel down a hole and expect good results all the way around. A correctly measured mist at the right moment is far superior. Fuel injection has increased motor life by a long shot and killed off many engine rebuilders.if we had this same setup without emissions it would be even better. Only negative I see is that it's harder for some to adjust or change.
I dislike unnecessary electronics that are controlling things that aren't fully needed. When electronics replaces something you could easily do just to make things easier, more idiot proof or just performance oriented is what becomes costly in the end. Sure Ill add many automated things to my rig but I installed them so I can fix it and I never mess with factory electronics. The rig will always run if I did fail.
Technology in my opinion is a great thing when tested and added for the right reasons but like many out there I hate relying on someone in a shop with far less experience then me just because they have the authority to talk to the manufacturer and start replacing items that they're told to in order till it's hopefully fixed.
^ that

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
well said!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weight I'm guessing. Can't get much simpler than plugging in a programmer

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weight I'm guessing. Can't get much simpler than plugging in a programmer
They run a trx450 up pikes peak with a special carb and Win consistently . I think an guy with a good ear can do more with the carb. the kawasaki brutes that were cared were faster than the efi. I love fi. But if I was a racer I'd go with a carb.

Reactions: moparornocar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bone stock, gotta say I like wrenching on fi engines. But it was tough convincing myself of that after years of carb'd stuff. When it comes to modifying, carb'd is the way I'd prefer. Too much bs trying to keep ECM from seeing boost and throwing your butt into limp mode hell lol. And if you go normally aspirated, trying to keep the thing running til it warms up enough to read sensors and adjust accordingly. There's good and bad to both.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
If a fast machine runs good without any issues I don't care how it gets done.

Then again I have a slow, cold blooded, FI, Honda SxS and I'm happy LOL

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If a fast machine runs good without any issues I don't care how it gets done.

Then again I have a slow, cold blooded, FI, Honda SxS and I'm happy LOL
And it starts greats on a cold day lol

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And for me, growing up in the 90s, I have worked on fuel injected computer controlled vehicles my whole life. It's easier for me to plug it in to a laptop and the car tell me what's wrong with it. It's all perspective I suppose. We're all car guys, so that's all that matters!
Are you sure you grew up? HA

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!