moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty much, he cut more out of the back to get rid of the bump though. Gives it a more aggressive profile

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It looks to me,he cut the back of the cage out up to the 45 bend ,then he cut tops off of the 1 3/8" pipe behind the headrest,then cut the same out of the front of the cage and add into the top of the cage to make the front and back lineup,it sounds so simple!!!

It does sound simple, I just don't want to mess it up. I'd feel better about it if there were some dimensions out there.
It would suck to take too much out and just as bad to go through all that and not be enough.
I want BA, not just good enough.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It does sound simple, I just don't want to mess it up. I'd feel better about it if there were some dimensions out there.
It would suck to take too much out and just as bad to go through all that and not be enough.
Dude....if ya f*** it up...
I'll start a go fund trigger
page...& get ya a new one

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's why everyone want's you to do it first,to give them the dim. you used ,so they can do it

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Mopar.....
ready to eat
some metal...
I think mopar
will do ya right.

Reactions: moparornocar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Haha...

advertisement
C

Chooglin

I did some poking around and found these pics of the chop this guy did on the yellow p500. There is no real detail of how much he cut out , but this should help @trigger when he chops his up :)
FB IMG 1472567605569
FB IMG 1472567609689

FB IMG 1472567613833

FB IMG 1472567666908

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, only 16...that's about how many it would take before I got it right.
I'm just intrigued by the look and the thought of making this machine even smaller.
I have saws and cutting wheels all day, I'd even buy a welder, it's those funky rolled angles that intimidate me.
If I could take it across town and pay a few hundred bucks, it'd be done...and look BA!
Don't let the funky rolled angles intimidate you Trigger, a few beers will cure that.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I did some poking around and found these pics of the chop this guy did on the yellow p500. There is no real detail of how much he cut out , but this should help @trigger when he chops his up :)
View attachment 21323 View attachment 21324
View attachment 21325
View attachment 21326

That's awesome, you did some diggin to find those. Thanks Chooglin!
Studying those pics makes me wonder how much the dimension between the front and rear bar changed.
You would have to cut the top side bars and add to them right?

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

That's awesome, you did some diggin to find those. Thanks Chooglin!
Studying those pics makes me wonder how much the dimension between the front and rear bar changed.
You would have to cut the top side bars and add to them right?
Yep , I also think he had to bend the top bar , at the top of the windsheld area !
If he didn't bend it , then he has more of an angle on his windshield now !

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
And did you see the shop that dude had to work in! Please. o_O
l hate to say it but it might be less work to take the cage off and have a new one made.when I did the cage for the back of mine I drew up what I wanted with the lengths and angle's,took the pipe to a muffler shop ,he bent it for me and only chaged $20.00.(no need for go fund me page)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!