P1000 ‘22 Cold Air Through Gauge Panel

Pioneep

Pioneep

Apr 30, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good Evening! First time poster, long time listener
I’m not sure if the ‘22 P1000 gauge cluster is different than ‘21, but I’d like a brilliant idea on sealing it up. Obviously, cold air comes in through the opening above the steering wheel, and I’ve read that some stuff things in there. There seems to be even more coming through the gauge/instrument panel itself. Kinda wondered if anyone else noticed. This is a ‘22 P3K Deluxe with OEM roof, windshield, hard back and OEM soft uppers. I used tailgate seal on doors and where the windshield meets roof, so the thing is actually pretty tight, EXCEPT that blast of cold from the gauges. Any suggestions are appreciated!

51DC18EA E122 4CE6 B430 1459B696A4C7

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m not sure if the ‘22 P1000 gauge cluster is different than ‘21, but I’d like a brilliant idea on sealing it up. Obviously, cold air comes in through the opening above the steering wheel, and I’ve read that some stuff things in there. There seems to be even more coming through the gauge/instrument panel itself. Kinda wondered if anyone else noticed. This is a ‘22 P3K Deluxe with OEM roof, windshield, hard back and OEM soft uppers. I used tailgate seal on doors and where the windshield meets roof, so the thing is actually pretty tight, EXCEPT that blast of cold from the gauges. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Go to the search bar and research your question and get back in a month after you've read the whole thing.

Pioneep

Pioneep

Apr 30, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go to the search bar and research your question and get back in a in month after you've read the whole thing.
I HAVE searched quite a bit, and didn’t see anything about the panel, specifically, plus didn’t know if Honda changed it and maybe the new one lets in air that the old one didn’t. I’ll search more though!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Go to the search bar and research your question and get back in a month after you've read the whole thing.
Scroll to the top of any page and you will see the search bar on the right top. This is one of those dead horse questions, it has been talked about for ever, you'll find all the info you are looking for there and more, good luck!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I HAVE searched quite a bit, and didn’t see anything about the panel, specifically, plus didn’t know if Honda changed it and maybe the new one lets in air that the old one didn’t. I’ll search more though!
Same, same! I'm trying not to be disrespectful but you did know you were buying a ATV right? So it will take a lot of time and money to turn it into a Jeep. Bundle up up and enjoy your ATV.

Pioneep

Pioneep

Apr 30, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Same, same! I'm trying not to be disrespectful but you did know you were buying a ATV right? So it will take a lot of time and money to turn it into a Jeep. Bundle up up and enjoy your ATV.
Oh yeah I get it, and I don’t care about the time or the money. It’s part of the fun actually. I’ve really not put that much of either into it and it’s nearly sealed. I just can’t see stopping there, when it’s just down to this last thing. And I’ve enjoyed searching, reading etc. lots of good info here

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh yeah I get it, and I don’t care about the time or the money. It’s part of the fun actually. I’ve really not put that much of either into it and it’s nearly sealed. I just can’t see stopping there, when it’s just down to this last thing. And I’ve enjoyed searching, reading etc. lots of good info here
Your going to end up in the nut house with all the rest of us, don't go here!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I dont think I've ever heard of air coming in around the cluster. 22's may be different but I doubt it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Smitty335 is right, you will go nuts trying to seal it all. The other models have had the same issue since 16’ its the nature of the beast. But if you finger it out (NoHomo) make sure to post it up on here! Might help some other hopeless sole trying to do the same thing 😂

First time poster, long time listener
Cool that you broke your silence 🤣 so you must know the rule when u first post/join?
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

Pioneep

Pioneep

Apr 30, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont think I've ever heard of air coming in around the cluster. 22's may be different but I doubt it.
It’s actually coming through the cluster, if that makes sense. Like around the glass, inside the panel. And to the degree that it’s stronger than the breeze from above the wheel, where the rubber flaps are.
And I really don’t get much at all through the shifters, like all the early gen owners talk about, so I’m thinking they changed a couple of things. Just thought I’d throw it out there and see if any ‘22 owners noticed.

Pioneep

Pioneep

Apr 30, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
id personally use red duct tape/foam/rags, seal the leak from wherever and that red also adds 3HP, the red machines from the factory are always the fastest.....
I was going to try the rags/foam route, just didn’t want something wrapping itself around the column, resulting in catastrophe. Hadn’t thought of the red tape though, good call

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
breeze from above the wheel, where the rubber flaps are.
Thats called the steering Column.
If your actually getting air through the cluster, that shouldn't be know matter what year imo. I think its time for warranty work.

Pioneep

Pioneep

Apr 30, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda sealed the steering wheel area and shifter shaft much better than in past years.

Is it still allowing a bunch of airflow through.
Judging by what I’ve read, compared with my experience, they must’ve improved those areas. In fact, I don’t think my machine has been difficult to seal to an acceptable level, aside from the gauge panel

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jimrm

Mar 22, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 2022 Trail has the same issue. There is about a 3/16" gap between the gauge cluster and the dash. When it is cold out that air blasts you right in the face. My not so elegant fix was to put 1/2" wide butyl tape around the cluster to block the air. The right way would be to remove the dash and fix the reason why the cluster doesn't seat against the dash opening.

Cluster

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 2022 Trail has the same issue. There is about a 3/16" gap between the gauge cluster and the dash. When it is cold out that air blasts you right in the face. My not so elegant fix was to put 1/2" wide butyl tape around the cluster to block the air. The right way would be to remove the dash and fix the reason why the cluster doesn't seat against the dash opening.

View attachment 366407
I was gonna say, remove the dash and seal it with some sticky foam one sides tape around the edges before re installing it. Should be your fix. Thanks for the pic.

So Welcome fellow Michigander its your first post as we brace ourselfs from the Big Gretch machine in our state.

where bouts you from and Ride?
got any pics of your rig and what mods have you done? Inquiring minds like to know!

J

Jimrm

Mar 22, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm from SW Michigan near the Allegan forest and that's where I ride. Also use it on the Donkey farm. Lots of mods. Trying to turn it into a Jeep. Dot windshield, Honda hard doors, roof, mid panel, turn signals, wiper/washer, parking brake, Dot height rear bumper, high beam indicator. Dot tires are next on the list. Almost ready for inspection for Michigan assembled vehicle title.

Honda Trail

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm from SW Michigan near the Allegan forest and that's where I ride. Also use it on the Donkey farm. Lots of mods. Trying to turn it into a Jeep. Dot windshield, Honda hard doors, roof, mid panel, turn signals, wiper/washer, parking brake, Dot height rear bumper, high beam indicator. Dot tires are next on the list. Almost ready for inspection for Michigan assembled vehicle title.

View attachment 366416
I have noticed cold air on my face in my P100-5 Trail, Im going to check if my instrument cluster is tight against the dash, Thanks for the tip

I feel bad for you for the work required to make your machine road legal. In northern Ontario we are street legal the way it comes from the factory even though the tires are clearly marked "not for highway use". We may not drive as fast as the posted limit, and may not drive on major highways (4 lane) Licensing is a one time thing done when we register the ownership. If we are stopped, we need to show license, ownership and insurance, same as a car/truck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!