P500 “23 Code” Back in the Saddle! (Long post)

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Before hunting season began I had the (what I though was a bright one) idea of taking the skid plates off and giving her a real good cleaning while doing my yearly service. Well 6 snapped bolts later they came off. FML.

I decided that grip zerts would be the easiest way to go. As I was waiting on them to get here I decided to go ahead and drill everything out so when they came in everything was ready. When they came in I put the skid plates back on then let it down off the jacks. Went to crank it up and it would just turn over and turn over and turn over. Never would fire off. Then the Check Engine Light came on. The blinks signified the 23 code. 02 sensor problem.

Now how in hell did me removing my skid plates and re installing them cause a dang emissions problem. Well after a 12 pack, a lot of cussing, and kicking my dog a few times I found it. Where the wiring harness runs on the frame rail under the passenger side had three wires that I apparently knicked with the drill. They shorted out. Which blew the fuse to the fuel pump which stopped the power feed to the 02 circuit. I soldered the wires and covered in heat shrink then re wrapped everything. It’s all fixed finally! Key note here. Never remove the skid plates. If you do be very careful.

A huge thanks to @Neohio for answering my post on Facebook with the trouble shooting procedures for the 23 code.

71100A20 267B 4DF0 9C14 8DD7047FBDCB EF2935F3 BECE 4622 8F52 DC6E29C0DA47 C37D902E 4B4F 44C9 A745 7970BFC62751

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
WOW ! Because u f----- up YOU KICKED A DOG ? Hope he bites you in the ass .

Me to! Especially when he has her shock collar on so I can taze her to the ground.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
WOW ! Because u f----- up YOU KICKED A DOG ? Hope he bites you in the ass .

Lmao, I agree! I've taken mine off several times, even put new ones on. I've broken the bolts and had to drill and tap too, just don't hit a wire and you're good to go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!