dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
20180826 122033
20180826 113143
Woke up this morning the wife had to work, the dogs pissed me off, so I decided to take a ride
I figured that it rained the last couple of days so the trails should be dust free and the puddles should be large
I loaded my p500 up and headed north to the trail head in gladwin Michigan, about 40 miles
What a Nice way to spend a Sunday within a few minutes I forgot all about everything and had a great time unfortunately I had to return to civilization and back to work tomorrow but it will be easier knowing that next weekend is a holiday so that means one more day of riding

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Those trails were the only ones not busy there were a lot of motorcycles and they don't watch

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Great trails. @trigger and I road those last month. The bridges are cool! Great trails for a P5

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I saw a red P5 going down I-75 tonight. Was loaded sideways on a trailer with a red quad behind it. A Ford pulling it. Wonder if it's anyone from the forum?

Reactions: Remington
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
We'll be going up next weekend or maybe just me if she cant make it :rolleyes: anyway I want to run the full BULL GAP loop which should take 3-5 hours, we can ride there from our shack.I'm sure the trails will be busy being a holiday weekend but if we can stay up until monday we'll ride early sunday morning otherwise we'll have to run the trails saturday.

I was supposed to go north this weekend but the wife wanted me to stay home so I did and I worked on the VAN, changed the oil, rotated the tires and installed Monroe 58606 Sensa‑trac Load Adjusting Shocks (coil over shocks) in the rear to help that sagging behind it has when trailering.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
We'll be going up next weekend or maybe just me if she cant make it :rolleyes: anyway I want to run the full BULL GAP loop which should take 3-5 hours, we can ride there from our shack.I'm sure the trails will be busy being a holiday weekend but if we can stay up until monday we'll ride early sunday morning otherwise we'll have to run the trails saturday.

I was supposed to go north this weekend but the wife wanted me to stay home so I did and I worked on the VAN, changed the oil, rotated the tires and installed Monroe 58606 Sensa‑trac Load Adjusting Shocks (coil over shocks) in the rear to help that sagging behind it has when trailering.
I only towed the p5 with our "old" van(2012 sienna se) once that a recall, but we towed a few heavy pop up campers and I added some Firestone airbags to the rear and man did they make a difference. Ran a set in our 08 sienna before that too. Pretty cheap too for the added load capacity and no sag. If the new shocks arent enough help maybe give them a look. I didn't go crazy with onboarding air cuz I only had pressure in them when we were loaded down and just filled them before leaving.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I only towed the p5 with our "old" van(2012 sienna se) once that a recall, but we towed a few heavy pop up campers and I added some Firestone airbags to the rear and man did they make a difference. Ran a set in our 08 sienna before that too. Pretty cheap too for the added load capacity and no sag. If the new shocks arent enough help maybe give them a look. I didn't go crazy with onboarding air cuz I only had pressure in them when we were loaded down and just filled them before leaving.

I'm running Air Lift bags on my 1/2 ton Sierra, they're made right here in MI. and guaranteed for life. I didn't go with the on board air compressor either. Both bags are piped together with the fill valve in the license plate bolt hole. I've never had to put more than 60 lbs in them. Cheaper than adding a leaf for sure.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I thought about air bags but I didn't like them on our old motorhome we had they did leak a little and they were installed inside of the front coil springs PITA to get to.
I have used monroe coil over shocks on my trailblazer which has done a lot of towing for us and they work great, the van is riding much better with the new shocks on the rear, we took it for a sunday drive for an hour or so just to cruise and check it out next is the front shocks to tighten it up a bit, I wanted to do the fronts but just couldn't find the ones I wanted.

I need a small 5x10 trailer for the P5 so I can leave up north so we can take it to different trails

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Like @trigger said, the bags we both have on our trucks are made here in Michigan and guaranteed for life. I had them on a 3/4 ton and loved them. Although I hated the on board compressor I installed. The dam gauges bounce all over and really mess with your head also with the multi “T’s” in the system with that they leak. Maybe they’ve gotten better? But I found with my current truck, I put the valves to the license plate and it’s easy and hold the air well. With the bags it makes my 1 tin truck when pulling my 38’ 5th wheel feel a lot like the stability of a Duly. When I put my P5 in the bed with 15psi in bags it rides real nice:D

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like a good time, nice trails. If it wasn’t so far I’d come check them out.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!