P1000 1000-5 LE going back to the shop, 2nd time, only 50 miles

J

JTW

I thought the same thing. They have a few 1ks on the floor so why not take one off.

One of the questions I have is should I be conpensitated any for the additional hours put on my machine to test it
Ha! Good luck with that!

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

Jez, these dealers don't even have a frigg'n radiator cap?? Pull one off another water cooled rig and run it...like off a Rincon. By the time these guys get off their a$$ and make a move, you'll be riding it to breakfast at the old folks home.

This exactly, if I had found this issue on this unit a new one would get pulled immediately. Anything to get a new unit back on the road, especially one that keeps coming back.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jez, these dealers don't even have a frigg'n radiator cap?? Pull one off another water cooled rig and run it...like off a Rincon. By the time these guys get off their a$$ and make a move, you'll be riding it to breakfast at the old folks home.
That is my one complaint about my dealer - I have not found what they actually keep in stock.need a CV boot =2 weeks, need a tie rod - they will order it. Even Tires they will not sell you what the have mounted on display on the floor but they will order them for you :rolleyes: I know it does not make sense to stock everything but at some point you bear the blame of pushing folks to the internet

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is my one complaint about my dealer - I have not found what they actually keep in stock.need a CV boot =2 weeks, need a tie rod - they will order it. Even Tires they will not sell you what the have mounted on display on the floor but they will order them for you :rolleyes: I know it does not make sense to stock everything but at some point you bear the blame of pushing folks to the internet

AGREED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If it was a Polaris they'd have 10 of everything in stock except for fire related recall items, those change monthly and will be back ordered as seen fit.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think we have the same dealership. I'll never buy tires from them again or anything I can buy online. Took them 6 days to get my tires in and I was down due to a busted front tire with a 2 inch gash in it, I'll travel next time I buy a S x S to get the best deal. So much for part support! But they have all the high dollar accessories like roofs, rear view mirrors, light bars, stereo's, winches and crummy skid plates. What common items I have found that they do stock is oil, filters, push pins and wheel tire packages.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think we have the same dealership. I'll never buy tires from them again or anything I can buy online. Took them 6 days to get my tires in and I was down due to a busted front tire with a 2 inch gash in it, I'll travel next time I buy a S x S to get the best deal. So much for part support! But they have all the high dollar accessories like roofs, rear view mirrors, light bars, stereo's, winches and crummy skid plates. What common items I have found that they do stock is oil, filters, push pins and wheel tire packages.
Yes - we do have the same dealership - heartland. Don't get me wrong I do like them, the service guys are great and the sales guy I deal with is good as well. I just stock more tie rods and CV boots than they do lol

J

Johnny787

Jul 28, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tech called today and said he was done. Got the new radiator cap and let it run a while longer. He said he let it run a total of 15 hours while in their possession to make sure it didn't over heat. I think that's a little excessive. Should I be asking Honda or the dealer for some type of compensation for having 15 hours on a brand new bike for a problem that should never have been there???

Reactions: 0860silverado
J

JTW

Tech called today and said he was done. Got the new radiator cap and let it run a while longer. He said he let it run a total of 15 hours while in their possession to make sure it didn't over heat. I think that's a little excessive. Should I be asking Honda or the dealer for some type of compensation for having 15 hours on a brand new bike for a problem that should never have been there???
Might try getting your first oil change free... but I think your s*** out of luck for compensation!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes - we do have the same dealership - heartland. Don't get me wrong I do like them, the service guys are great and the sales guy I deal with is good as well. I just stock more tie rods and CV boots than they do lol
Good to know, what are your hours?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Have a friend with a 17 1000 5 and he had almost identical issues . 2nd burp by the dealer and all is well . 50-100 mile rides with no issues .

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Be careful about those boots ! Buddy with a p5 just went to local dealer to get one , 105.00 !!!!!!! He got part# and ordered from Honda direct . lil over 15.00 with shipping . Just sayin

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Be careful about those boots ! Buddy with a p5 just went to local dealer to get one , 105.00 !!!!!!! He got part# and ordered from Honda direct . lil over 15.00 with shipping . Just sayin
Was that installed? 105.00?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your not getting a Honda OEM CV boot for $15. If you are please let us know. Honda sells the OEM CV boots in a kit with the inner, outer and grease for about 70 online at one of the parts places if I remember correctly

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
It is the boot for the rear drive shaft and those are the prices from the dealer and Honda . I will ask Hondabob where to get the 15 price .

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
AH HA `! Honda calls the axles driveshafts and the drive line a propeller shaft ! Dealer quoted him an axle cv boot for 105 , drive shaft boot bought from American Honda with new clamps for 15.00 . Never got the price for the correct part from the dealer . Sorry didn't mean to mislead .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!