P1000 1000-5 rear seat belts

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anyone that has kids in the rear seats....do they complain about the buckles fitting to tightly around their waists? I've tried a few things, pads, towels, etc but nothing seems to work that well.....

Anyone else have this issue? Ideas on a fix.....

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anyone that has kids in the rear seats....do they complain about the buckles fitting to tightly around their waists? I've tried a few things, pads, towels, etc but nothing seems to work that well.....

Wow! I thought my 5 and yr old was just whining to much. Lol! no really her and my 11 yr old have had trouble with belt getting to tight. I have not noticed it happening to me when I sit back there so I have not even looked into it. Does that little black movable plastic sleeve have any thing to do with belt tightness?

Reactions: taylorman
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

You know what we do with the little ones for the lighter riding is simply put the upper belt around the back of the seat. If going higher speeds or rough stuff booster seats are in order but you have to go with the smaller fabric style.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I have that problem too. I've been thinking about trying a booster seat to see if that helps.

I'll be watching this thread for ideas. Thanks for bringing this up.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have noticed, on my short rides so far, that the plastic locking mechanism engages and can make any of the belts tight. Not sure of a fix, but may have to stop and unlatch, and start over.

Reactions: Isaiah and Stauvo
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
booster seats are too big to fit between the seat beats. the problem is the actual belt pulled the two buckles to tight and it squeezes their little hips/stomach area. Since the belts fold have to fold back in to put the seats down there is no stop to stay out. I think it doesn't effect adults as much cause most are much bigger and the buckles stay out further

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The plastic sleeve on the belt is the adjustment as to how tight the lap belt fits. As you hit bumps it seems to tighten up. It is a one way adjustment when the plastic sleeve in locked in place as you go over the terrain it will only tighten up not loosen. As it gets wore in a little more it may hold it position better.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
booster seats are too big to fit between the seat beats. the problem is the actual belt pulled the two buckles to tight and it squeezes their little hips/stomach area. Since the belts fold have to fold back in to put the seats down there is no stop to stay out. I think it doesn't effect adults as much cause most are much bigger and the buckles stay out further
That s what my kids say. As we bounce down a trail the metal brackets gouge into sides and bellies. Maybe wrapping with a towel or buy a swim noodle and slice to fit around metal.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
5fe4abea370d6c0598454e973d0c4059 I think this is the brand we have used it looks very similar. I know it kept the buckles apart.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Eltobgi and Stauvo
gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've been having this issue with my twins in the back. Even my wife mentioned it to me, but I don't think it was as bad for her. Anyone come up with a quick fix? I'd rather not ride with the belts off if possible.

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we use booster seats for our 4 and 6 year old boys. The first time I tried to fit them, I gave up too quickly, and was convinced they wouldn't fit. My wife came along behind me and crammed them in there... it was the only way she was going to let the boys ride.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we use booster seats for our 4 and 6 year old boys. The first time I tried to fit them, I gave up too quickly, and was convinced they wouldn't fit. My wife came along behind me and crammed them in there... it was the only way she was going to let the boys ride.
Can you show photos of which booster seats you use? Ours were too big too.

Waylan

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far we just tried wrapping towels around the metal but that failed to work.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I measured 14.5" at the narrowest point. Haven't been home to work on this

gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We ended up wrapping the metal part with pipe insulation. It's definitely better, but not perfect because it still ratchets down as you travel. The other thing I read is someone replaced their metal part with a flexible cloth type from a Civic or something and that helps a little too.

Foam

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!