P1000 1000-5 Rear Seatbelt Sensors

G

Gotta Big Sack

Mar 3, 2021
Pike Rd, AL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does the rear seat belt have sensors? If the seats are up does the machine know it? Took my new machine for a quick spin around the block today and the kids were in the back. At about third gear it would start jerking so I would let off.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a guess, but I don't see how the rear seat belts could be unless they also had pressure sensors in the seat to know if the seats are occupied. On the front bench seat, the pax side belt doesn't activate the speed limiter and the seat obviously has no occupant sensors. Are you sure the driver side belt was secured properly?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does the rear seat belt have sensors? If the seats are up does the machine know it? Took my new machine for a quick spin around the block today and the kids were in the back. At about third gear it would start jerking so I would let off.
What year, what machine? As to one reason why the Pics Or It Didn't Happen with your first post!

The P1K5 or the P7-4 dosnt have seat sensors for the rears. Only the fronts have them. I have a 16’ and they have none at all. I believe they started in 18’ but don't quote me On that? Anyway, i think theres a jump out connector in the club store for that?
Welcome from Michigan!
post some pics of that machine when u get a chance!

G

Gotta Big Sack

Mar 3, 2021
Pike Rd, AL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What year, what machine? As to one reason why the Pics Or It Didn't Happen with your first post!

The P1K5 or the P7-4 dosnt have seat sensors for the rears. Only the fronts have them. I have a 16’ and they have none at all. I believe they started in 18’ but don't quote me On that? Anyway, i think theres a jump out connector in the club store for that?
Welcome from Michigan!
It’s a 21’. Just got it yesterday. Gonna take it out today and see what’s going on.
A8590B79 2B4F 4878 AFFC F5E8A9003EC9

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from south Florida

No such sensor in the rear, make sure driver seat belt is clicked in properly. Also, if you are in LOW gear the machine will only go so fast (I think 30ish mph)
Keep us posted, good luck 👍

#NTC

G

Gotta Big Sack

Mar 3, 2021
Pike Rd, AL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Welcome from Michigan!
It’s a 21’. Just got it yesterday. Gonna take it out today and see what’s going on.

Welcome from south Florida

No such sensor in the rear, make sure driver seat belt is clicked in properly. Also, if you are in LOW gear the machine will only go so fast (I think 30ish mph)
Keep us posted, good luck 👍

#NTC
Ran it about 30 miles today thru the woods. No issues. Only weird thing is it doesn’t like to come out of 2wd lock into turf mode. Half the ride it wouldn’t switch. Then when it would the light would blink a few times like it didn’t want to switch. And when it didn’t say 2wd lock I was coming out of a mud hole and gave it a little gas and I’m pretty sure both rear tires were pulling. Hoping maybe that’s something that will loosen up or get broken in over time and not need a trip back to dealer.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Ran it about 30 miles today thru the woods. No issues. Only weird thing is it doesn’t like to come out of 2wd lock into turf mode. Half the ride it wouldn’t switch. Then when it would the light would blink a few times like it didn’t want to switch. And when it didn’t say 2wd lock I was coming out of a mud hole and gave it a little gas and I’m pretty sure both rear tires were pulling. Hoping maybe that’s something that will loosen up or get broken in over time and not need a trip back to dealer.
The (2WD to turf) issue you have to adjust the cables. There's a access panel on the floor board drivers side rear passenger. Look it up on the search bar up top.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When it's adjusted properly, does is shift right away with the panel indication showing that? My panel indication will be delays for at least 100 feet of travel or so. Can't tell if the shift is delayed as well.
Its not instantly but its fairly close.
for better Engagement u should come to a complete stop before shifting it. But its not 100% necessary

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I come to a complete stop before shifting levers, just 'cause all the instructions say that's what to do. Still, the indicator from rear diff lock to turf is significantly delayed. This is on a new machine. Time to adjust the cable? Or I could wait for the 1st service.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I come to a complete stop before shifting levers, just 'cause all the instructions say that's what to do. Still, the indicator from rear diff lock to turf is significantly delayed. This is on a new machine. Time to adjust the cable? Or I could wait for the 1st service.
You could wait or just do it. Its not a perfect set up. I had to adjust mine when it was new. Now It works like it should most of the time. But sometimes you have to drive it for a bit before the indicator changes. I will be like, well it's time to adjust the cables again. Then the dam thing starts working like it should without me doing a dam thing. It's kinda aggravating but oh well it is what it is. 9600 miles and I've only adjusted it 1 time when it was new.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Adjusting cables is a 10 minute fix 👍

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You could wait or just do it. Its not a perfect set up. I had to adjust mine when it was new. Now It works like it should most of the time. But sometimes you have to drive it for a bit before the indicator changes. I will be like, well it's time to adjust the cables again. Then the dam thing starts working like it should without me doing a dam thing. It's kinda aggravating but oh well it is what it is. 9600 miles and I only adjusted it 1 time when it was new.
JUNK ASS Honda!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!