P1000 1000 Honda pioneer wheel bearings.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to keep in mind that some greases and oils are incompatible with others. This is true of both the oils in grease as well as the thickeners. If in doubt, best to clean out all the old grease before re-greasing.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good to keep in mind that some greases and oils are incompatible with others. This is true of both the oils in grease as well as the thickeners. If in doubt, best to clean out all the old grease before re-greasing.
Just don't use gas to wash them out, it cuts the finish off the bearing surfaces and will fail pretty quickly.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just don't use gas to wash them out, it cuts the finish off the bearing surfaces and will fail pretty quickly.
There are some good, explosion and fire reasons not to use gasoline as a solvent, but I've never heard that. The steel in bearings is not generally porous, so I can't see a problem with removing a finish. What finish would that be that could be removed with a simple solvent? Can you point me to a reputable source on this - I searched but found only one or two saying volatile solvent fire risk.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There are some good, explosion and fire reasons not to use gasoline as a solvent, but I've never heard that. The steel in bearings is not generally porous, so I can't see a problem with removing a finish. What finish would that be that could be removed with a simple solvent? Can you point me to a reputable source on this - I searched but found only one or two saying volatile solvent fire risk.
I could see where the gas would deteriorate the seals, but not the hard finish on the steel.

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could see where the gas would deteriorate the seals, but not the hard finish on the steel.
Exactly. Assuming one is removing the plastic or rubber seals prior to cleaning, I've never heard of a problem with any common hydrocarbon based cleaning solvent.

Reactions: Plowboy1466
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow.
That's not common.
What and where are you running?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I have the same trouble. Only with the rear. Its becoming common to change them with the oil. The current ones were installed before the mom2 ride and they already have play. I've tried all balls pivot works and the oe honda part. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I've chalked it up to the load of s*** a carry with me and the beating the machine gets.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you happen to have part numbers?
I do not, I've only got 4,000 miles on mine and mine haven't gone out yet. Take a bearing with you, the industrial supply will measure them and get you what you need.

Reactions: Lady01
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't be afraid to install these.

All Balls Racing Wheel Bearing Kit 25-1728 Compatible With/Replacement For Honda Pioneer 1000 2017-2018, 1000 LIMITED 2017-2018, 1000 SXS1000M3 2016, 1000-5 2016 2017 2018 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS39BNV/?tag=sxsweb24-20

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I sell 4xpro bearings and axles. So far no customer complaints on either and they seem to be good quality. I've used these and all balls on my Polaris machines in the past and both outlasted the over prices OEM bearings.

In stock and ready to ship if you need them.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Lady01 and Ohio4x4
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sell 4xpro bearings and axles. So far no customer complaints on either and they seem to be good quality. I've used these and all balls on my Polaris machines in the past and both outlasted the over prices OEM bearings.

In stock and ready to ship if you need them.
I had great luck with all balls in the atvs. I'm probably f***ing something up.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have alot of wheel bearings issues. what is the best wheel bearings?
Hello All,

Good responses. While I have NOT had wheel bearing issues on my '19 P1K-3 I have had a number of them go bad on my automobiles. I have watched this thread for a few days and have been reluctant to share my story because...well it is just a stupid thing, read below and hopefully this will help.
Information: I am an ASE cert. master automotive mechanic, do all of my own work (well nearly all).

Story: I have an '07 Ford Edge (approaching 500K miles) and a few years back it seemed as though I was running through wheel bearings, 30,000 - 50,000 miles, they just wouldn't last! I too thought what has been discussed on this forum, bad manufacturing/material, bad batch (it does happen), lack of grease, etc.
One day while driving I heard those front wheel bearings humming again. That's it! I decided to take my time disassembling cleaning installing (press fit) and re-assembling, finally I pulled out my torque wrench and light bulb!!! in my haste previously several times, I started using my "ear and feel" from my impact gun instead of torquing properly. It's now going on 150K miles, (on Advance Auto wheel bearings) and still going strong.

Lesson: Stupid mistake on my part by NOT following each step. It's easy to be overconfident in your own craft and skill and very easy to take short cuts. I learned (re-learned) the hard way that proper torquing is an important step that I had been ignoring. That's my story, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello All,

Good responses. While I have NOT had wheel bearing issues on my '19 P1K-3 I have had a number of them go bad on my automobiles. I have watched this thread for a few days and have been reluctant to share my story because...well it is just a stupid thing, read below and hopefully this will help.
Information: I am an ASE cert. master automotive mechanic, do all of my own work (well nearly all).

Story: I have an '07 Ford Edge (approaching 500K miles) and a few years back it seemed as though I was running through wheel bearings, 30,000 - 50,000 miles, they just wouldn't last! I too thought what has been discussed on this forum, bad manufacturing/material, bad batch (it does happen), lack of grease, etc.
One day while driving I heard those front wheel bearings humming again. That's it! I decided to take my time disassembling cleaning installing (press fit) and re-assembling, finally I pulled out my torque wrench and light bulb!!! in my haste previously several times, I started using my "ear and feel" from my impact gun instead of torquing properly. It's now going on 150K miles, (on Advance Auto wheel bearings) and still going strong.

Lesson: Stupid mistake on my part by NOT following each step. It's easy to be overconfident in your own craft and skill and very easy to take short cuts. I learned (re-learned) the hard way that proper torquing is an important step that I had been ignoring. That's my story, hope it helps.
Theres probably something to that. I've gotten so used to just using my best judgment that it don't get the torque wrench out often. I too used an impact or breaker bar to put the axel nut on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!