1000 Lug Pattern Debate????

What pattern do you THINK the P1k will be?

• 4/110

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 4/115

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/136

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 4/137

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 4/156

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 4/130

• 4/143

• 4/144

• 4/150

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I google searched it, I was thinking it might be a golf cart pattern but it does exist as a ATV wheel, although not by any wheel manufacturer with design taste (my opinion which probably will not be shared by others)

Im guessing 137 based on the photos and someone measuring it.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I can not and will not say who but triple verified in past 3 minutes they are in fact 137mm X 4 bolt pattern hubs with 12mm lug on the P1K. Same thing I said over a week ago.

If I'm wrong I guess I'll owe you a pickled buffalo tounge and a Daniel Webster cigar but will have to travel to 1896 to get either.
For a small fee, I can get you a buffalo tounge. You're on your own on the cigar, however.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
For a small fee, I can get you a buffalo tounge. You're on your own on the cigar, however.

I'll stand my ground using a standard tape measure and converting to metric, being off by 1mm (136mm vs. 137mm) is a helluva lot closer than 110mm vs. 136mm.

Ok found a direct comparison, in the picture below the new shiny extender is 137mm x 4 the hub mated up to it is 136mm x 4. That hub is off of a Kawasaki Teryx, they have the 136mm bolt pattern as well.

Looking at the photo it is very close, very easy to mistake.
136mm20x20137mm20difference zpsgfkmdyok

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, this has been fun!

@Hondasxs – what are we smoking? :D
Even if we all voted for the same bolt pattern I don’t think it would affect the outcome.
There is also the possibility that it’s none of the above, isn’t there? Maybe?

@JACKAL – I took a look at that photo :
Here is the full size hub taken from Hondas press release of the P1k the picture in the link is 14+MB the below is cut of the hub as in the photo:

http://www.hondanews.com/photos/a358c1bb-a672-4bf6-9af3-9412efeeca5a/download.jpg
If you blow it up you can read the VIN.
If you blow it up some more you can count the dots that make up each number.
Useless but fun.
I wonder if they have some guy on the assembly line with a hammer and punch tap those in.
Tap Tap Tap

@longtravel and @tig – Not trying to be rude but why?
You guys have a crystal ball? (one (of both) of you has a defective crystal ball).
If you know something enlighten us!

Honestly guys I have enjoyed this discussion today more than most.
Great distraction from doing actual work and I don’t think the boss noticed me goofing off.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow, this has been fun!

@Hondasxs – what are we smoking? :D
Even if we all voted for the same bolt pattern I don’t think it would affect the outcome.
There is also the possibility that it’s none of the above, isn’t there? Maybe?

@JACKAL – I took a look at that photo :

If you blow it up you can read the VIN.
If you blow it up some more you can count the dots that make up each number.
Useless but fun.
I wonder if they have some guy on the assembly line with a hammer and punch tap those in.
Tap Tap Tap

You guys have a crystal ball? (one (of both) of you has a defective crystal ball).

Honestly guys I have enjoyed this discussion today more than most.
Great distraction from doing actual work and I don’t think the boss noticed me goofing off.

@lee at least if I can't be useful I can be entertaining. :D

But can you enlighten us on this diabolical train wreck of opinions? :(

Maybe you know a guy who knows a guy who carpools with Leroy that hammers on those hubs in SC on the assembly line that could measure one? ;)

At least that's as good as we have so far, funny thing is of all my posting I am least concerned I like the OEM rims just gonna stick 30" x 10" x 14 Roctane XD's on my P1000-5D and call it a day. But I could use a spare rim and would be nice to know what size it is. :rolleyes:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Started the poll just to get a better idea of what people thought since this turned into a debate thread.
I did not know there were so many different patterns until I was researching the info for the poll today!

Last edited:
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Started the poll just to get a better idea of what people thought since this turned into a debate thread.
I did not know there were so many different patterns until I was researching the info for the poll today!

In some dimly lit corner engineers are laughing their asses of at all of us, hey silly's its built in America no metric, its a 5" Imperial bolt pattern or 130mm conversion rate. LMAOROTFPMP None of the above like @lee said maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is 4x137 on a can am - looks very similar to some other pics floating around of the P1K. View attachment 6282
In some dimly lit corner engineers are laughing their asses of at all of us, hey silly's its built in America no metric, its a 5" Imperial bolt pattern or 130mm conversion rate. LMAOROTFPMP None of the above like @lee said maybe?
ding ding ding high market for rims from our new Honda line

Reactions: ohanacreek
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015

It's real nice. Got it down at the doller genral.
Snowglobe
In reality though HondaSxS's picture with them both layed out next to each other sold me. Figure since Kawi is 136 and Honda is Japanese that must be it.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's real nice. Got it down at the doller genral.
Snowglobe
In reality though HondaSxS's picture with them both layed out next to each other sold me. Figure since Kawi is 136 and Honda is Japanese that must be it.
lol I miss doller genral! you can't even buy 4 Quarters here for a dollar! I love Alaska but I Miss the South!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
lol I miss doller genral! you can't even buy 4 Quarters here for a dollar! I love Alaska but I Miss the South!
In IL we have the Chicago tax, even if you are 300 miles away, your $1 purchase ass 6.25% State sales tax, 1.25% County tax, 1.5% Municipality tax and then there the 20% protection tax to make sure nothing bad happens. If you didn't pay the 20% and bad things happen well nobody saw nutin you shoulda paid he insurance.

I miss the South too.

Reactions: Farmer
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We still have been unable to "officially" verify the lug specs.
Sources who have had ride time with the P1k say it measures roughly 4/137 but being 4/136 is so close its hard to say.
I have made contact with several dealers who are also making contact with there connections to get something on paper.
Seems @Honda is wanting to keep this info on the DL...

So why is this so much of a debate? Why cant you just measure them?
Answer
- Because we are only talking 1mm in size between 4/136 and 4/137.
To put that into perspective with a physical object, A micro SD card is .94mm thick.
It will take more then a tape measure or a pair of calipers at a demo ride to figure this out!

Will 1mm (.5mm each side) really make a difference?
Some knowledgeable people we have spoke to say, YES!
There response: Factor in the safety aspect of the lug nuts staying tight and ask that question again.
You wouldn't want them to work loose would you?

So... Until we have official documentation we do not recommend buying aftermarket wheels for your P1k!

Hopefully something will be known soon.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm flogging this Donkey until he catches the carrot tied to him on the end of the stick.

I ran across a bolt pattern guide that had all of the different Honda bolt patterns used over time on the ATV's. it only has the Big Red MUV for SxS so its 3 years old or so but still the options surprised me a bit.

Model Years Wheel Size(s) Bolt Pattern(s)
BIG RED MUV 4wd 09 12x7 4/110
FL250 Odyssey 82-84 8x8(R) 4/130
TRX700XX 08-09 10x5, 11x7 4/144
ATC200M 84-85 9x9(R) 4/150

or even
Front / Rear Front / Rear
TRX450ER, TRX450R, Kick Start 08-09 10x5 9x9 4/144 4/110

So could Honda throwback and go to the 144mm or 150mm bolt pattern? I could see possible the 144mm as it is 7mm or approx. 1/4" off the rough measurements taken at the displays that leads us to believe it is likely 136mm or 137mm? I have tried my best to research part specs. The one good thing I found was the lowest price on the HONDA OEM aluminum 14" rims (That come standard on the P1000-5 Deluxe) are $79 front and $84 rear online, far below MSRP but I have no idea of availability.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to confirm 136, I was hoping 137 because of wheel selection but after having a chance to see it for myself. It's 136.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!