1000 Lug Pattern Debate????

What pattern do you THINK the P1k will be?

• 4/110

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 4/115

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/136

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 4/137

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 4/156

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 4/130

• 4/143

• 4/144

• 4/150

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There was a lot going on at that point, looking back it would have been good to have a picture to prove for a fact without a doubt what size it was. I didn't personally take a picture.There were cameras around when it was measured. I'll ask around and see if someone has a picture.

This thread may have to continue ad nauseum until someone gets there own 1000 and measures it even thought it's been previously stated its 4/136.

I know for me it was frustrating to find it was 4/136 because there are no aftermarket wheels that I like that are 4/136. They're all 4/137 and as close as that sounds it could be a dangerous undertaking to modify a 4/137 wheel to fit a 4/136 lug pattern.

Oh well Honda likely has reasons for it, but no one will ever know what they are.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
There was a lot going on at that point, looking back it would have been good to have a picture to prove for a fact without a doubt what size it was. I didn't personally take a picture.There were cameras around when it was measured. I'll ask around and see if someone has a picture.

This thread may have to continue ad nauseum until someone gets there own 1000 and measures it even thought it's been previously stated its 4/136.

I know for me it was frustrating to find it was 4/136 because there are no aftermarket wheels that I like that are 4/136. They're all 4/137 and as close as that sounds it could be a dangerous undertaking to modify a 4/137 wheel to fit a 4/136 lug pattern.

Oh well Honda likely has reasons for it, but no one will ever know what they are.
Okay so from what I've read the Teryx is measured at a 4/136 bolt pattern but a lot of aftermarket rims for it are 4/137 , so your thinking that the 4/137 will not fit safely?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay so from what I've read the Teryx is measured at a 4/136 bolt pattern but a lot of aftermarket rims for it are 4/137 , so your thinking that the 4/137 will not fit safely?

Ill just have to be stuck with the factory rims until the aftermarket catches up.
I considered trying it and wiring the lug nuts.

BUT

On a machine that is close to 2000lbs with accessories, possibly close to 3000lbs with riders and cargo, and will run 60mph, not sure I'd want to chance the lug nuts coming loose. Honda probably does a lot of testing by people who will to take many more risks than me and it was most likely designed and virtually tested by someone much smarter than me. I'll make some modifications to it but it seems pretty BA as it sits and something that risks my safety or my families safety I'm not going to try. Probably won't look as cool as some of you guys rigs but I'll feel better about taking my kid with me one day soon.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
HondaSxS.com has obtained official documentation stating the lug size to be 4/136.

Post 1 will be updated and this thread will be closed in a few days to help eliminate future searches and new viewers.
There will be a new thread starting when the document is posted!
Thanks for everyone who provided there input on the lug pattern debate.
It is still unclear why Honda chose to go with this pattern.
Thanks.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
HondaSxS.com has obtained official documentation stating the lug size to be 4/136.

Post 1 will be updated and this thread will be closed in a few days to help eliminate future searches and new viewers.
Thanks.

137mm vs. 136 mm I was close but........

Getsmart

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana

Thanks.
Got to ask but what makes it official ?

Reactions: Hondasxs
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!