P1000 1000 seat heat shield for sale!

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
So do I just fold the back flaps in half twice and smash it between the seat and seat back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: drfubar
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: taylorman
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Hey Joey got my bilge fan in the mail today got it installed wired to run any time key is on. But I ordered a temp sensor from eBay should be here in a few days. I will run the ground to the temp sensor and see how it works. I will post pics and info after I install it. Temp sensor was about $6 bucks on eBay.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey Joey got my bilge fan in the mail today got it installed wired to run any time key is on. But I ordered a temp sensor from eBay should be here in a few days. I will run the ground to the temp sensor and see how it works. I will post pics and info after I install it. Temp sensor was about $6 bucks on eBay.

This will be interesting. I'll be watching

Also, remember to have a kill switch incase you drive in deep water. Last time I rode with those goons(@Delton, @drfubar) I forgot to turn off the fan in a creek crossing and the fan went under water which increased resistance and pulled too much amps which blew a 10 amp fuse. The fan is still good after the fuse replacement.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This will be interesting. I'll be watching

Also, remember to have a kill switch incase you drive in deep water. Last time I rode with those goons(@Delton, @drfubar) I forgot to turn off the fan in a creek crossing and the fan went under water which increased resistance and pulled too much amps which blew a 10 amp fuse. The fan is still good after the fuse replacement.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao
I don't feel sorry for ya. You should know better than ride with those two goons!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm still making them Yall even though it fall
I've got one that the dealership paid for and installed that looks a lot like yours, installs the same, it doesn't have the mutiable folds between seat and back. It helps the steam flash big time. But it doesn't help a lot with heat issues in the summer. Now that it's winter, I like the heat, have any ideas for a seat roll for the summer months? Iv'e got some heat shield material for auto's, think I will make a roll for summer and stuff it between seat and the back next summer. I really think this is a Honda issue and they should fix it, along with the clutch issues.

Reactions: Stauvo
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got one that the dealership paid for and installed that looks a lot like yours, installs the same, it doesn't have the mutiable folds between seat and back. It helps the steam flash big time. But it doesn't help a lot with heat issues in the summer. Now that it's winter, I like the heat, have any ideas for a seat roll for the summer months? Iv'e got some heat shield material for auto's, think I will make a roll for summer and stuff it between seat and the back next summer. I really think this is a Honda issue and they should fix it, along with the clutch issues.
It most likely is mine I have sold some to the dealers. You can install mine either way where it folds behind the seat or under the plastic. You have to have some air flow threw the windshield for the heat shield to be most affective.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It most likely is mine I have sold some to the dealers. You can install mine either way where it folds behind the seat or under the plastic. You have to have some air flow threw the windshield for the heat shield to be most affective.
It looks like yours, probably is. I don't have a full windshield, just a shortie.What do you think about the removable seat roll? I emailed you about the source of the heat and?

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bayouownbeer I have been very happy with mine. A few times this summer I have visited with potential owners. I explain they may experience cab heat and if yes to sign up here at the club and buy your shield as a first step.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bayouownbeer I have been very happy with mine. A few times this summer I have visited with potential owners. I explain they may experience cab heat and if yes to sign up here at the club and buy your shield as a first step.
Thanks

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like yours, probably is. I don't have a full windshield, just a shortie.What do you think about the removable seat roll? I emailed you about the source of the heat and?
That should work because in my experience I have installed my shield both ways as pictured on my page and I find that when it is folded behind the seat it works better than tucked under the plastic. And if you use black gorilla tape over the slits in the seat belt rubber covers before the shield this also helps greatly because the only place left for heat to come threw once shield is in place is the seat belt holes

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got mine in the mail and installed it today. I chose to go under the black plastic. It looks and fit great! I rode last week with my daughter in the middle seat and was very disappointed with how hot her seat got. Her lower back and butt got red at one point... There seemed to be more heat coming from in between the bottom seat and back rest than anywhere else so that's why I made sure to go under the black plastic in order to block it. I'm hoping this resolves that issue and helps with the overall cab heat as well. I can't wait to go on a ride and see how it performs!

20170606 162348

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just got mine in the mail and installed it today. I chose to go under the black plastic. It looks and fit great! I rode last week with my daughter in the middle seat and was very disappointed with how hot her seat got. Her lower back and butt got red at one point... There seemed to be more heat coming from in between the bottom seat and back rest than anywhere else so that's why I made sure to go under the black plastic in order to block it. I'm hoping this resolves that issue and helps with the overall cab heat as well. I can't wait to go on a ride and see how it performs!

View attachment 45763
You may still want to add a fan but from all people say this helps a lot

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In my short time on the forum I haven't read much about the fan mod. I may have to check it out.

Can't compare heat shield to fans but fan does help for sure as well

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 45763

View attachment 45763
Great most people do go under the black plastic. I suggest you duct tape around the seat belt hoses as well. I used black gorilla tape because it's stronger and looks better than the gray.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!