1000 X4 Air Intake.

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey everyone, I’m wondering exactly the air intake is on the Talon X4. I peeled my whole right rear fender off this weekend and just zip tied it back together on the trail. Wondering if there was anything on the air intake I might need to replace while I’m ordering new plastics. Haven’t had time to take it apart and inspect it yet. I’ll try to post a pic too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I peeled the black part all the way back and it snapped whatever holds the red part of the fender to the black.

5EE8C8EC 3BB4 463D 866B C506634C9B5F CEA5CEA1 DA74 494F BF7B 4FC10328B2EB 3C8DB800 BF6A 4185 AEC5 3FF44CF1000B

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

The air intake is behind the grill by the upper seat belt pivot mount. Its doubtful you damaged anything dealing with it though.

Be glad you damaged mainly the painted fender, its cheaper to replace than the outer black mud guard.

Reactions: FOOTS
FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The air intake is behind the grill by the upper seat belt pivot mount. Its doubtful you damaged anything dealing with it though.

Be glad you damaged mainly the painted fender, its cheaper to replace than the outer black mud guard.

Thanks for the info. Good to know the painted pierce is cheaper too. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Lil_Steve sent me this when I was asking snorkel questions. The only outer connection is one push pin.
I JxZSRKM X2

Reactions: FOOTS and Lil_Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!