Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thought that was it too but I put it on an alignment machine and it is within spec.
You checked just the a arms or with tires and wheels mounted. The a arms have to be straight with each other.

Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
The rack housing is wider on the R and it restricts movement. This causes a difference of 6 degrees inward and outward turning radius...

View attachment 193827

X housing looks like this...

View attachment 193826

R housing looks like this...

View attachment 193825

I have installed the Talon X rack on mine and I am waiting on Turner Axles to get my axles done. I keep having issues with the shaft coming out of the inner CV joint. The inner joint is not failing and the shaft isn't coming completely out of the inner joint just make a popping noise like a broken axle but it is not broken.

Reactions: Biteme and Vondy
Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey! There shouldn't be any steering stop busing with just the tie rod kit. The Inner ball and socked should be pretty much within the same specs as your stock unit. If you have the forward arms, they would include the steering stop bushings. They will limit your steering so you don't over steer and risk binding axles or pinching a CV boot....but like @russknight said, a lot of guys just don't run them. If you leave them off, you just need to watch your axle angles when you get into more extreme situations when at full drop and full turn. You can easily avoid any issues if you're just watching and conscious of it if you're not going to use the bushings.
Glad you kinda got it figured out anyway, and sorry for the delay. We're running on a bit of a skeleton crew in the office right now with all of this going on.

I think the issue was compounded by the arched a-arms and the limited steering of the 1000r. I hope to have it back together soon but I had to take most of the front driveline out to swap out the 1000r steering rack for a 1000x steering rack. Now I am waiting on turner to get my axles done so I can put it back together and I will do more testing.

Reactions: Biteme and Vondy
Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Update on this issue.... After swapping my 1000R steering rack for a 1000X steering rack it is alot better. I would say that is the Best MOD I have installed on my 1000r.!!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Bottom left corner of your throttle body picture seems to indicate your problem. Looks like mud and water made it past the airbox seal or it came in from around the throttle body boots where they are screwed into the bottom of the air box.

After further review of both those pictures, you have alot of work ahead of you. You now have silt in places your not going to be able to clean out without alot of disassembly. Pinion bearing seals, diff output seals, subtrans external seals, wheel bearings, brakes, suspension joints ect are now full of that stuff. Pressure washing those places only drives the grit further in. Your going to be chasing issues with that thing for a while. Good luck
Wrong thread?

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have installed the Talon X rack on mine and I am waiting on Turner Axles to get my axles done. I keep having issues with the shaft coming out of the inner CV joint. The inner joint is not failing and the shaft isn't coming completely out of the inner joint just make a popping noise like a broken axle but it is not broken.

Are the stock Talon axles doing what you described above or is it a set of Turner Axles doing this?

Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Are the stock Talon axles doing what you described above or is it a set of Turner Axles doing this?

Sorry for the confusion. I was having issues with the stock Axles before I swapped over to the Talon X Steering Rack.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!