Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don‘t make up these terms, just have to adjust to where I live. Kinda like getting used to Brandy in an old fashioned if you move to Wisconsin

If you use brandy, it's no longer an Old Fashioned: It becomes a Brandy Old Fashioned. A classic OF uses whiskey, of course.

Back in the 1920s until the early 1930s, folks started adding muddled fruit to many cocktail recipes, including OFs, to overcome the nasty taste of prohibition-era booze. For some reason, it stuck around in WI. Wisconsinites are lazy, so today often use lemon-lime soda instead of muddling their own fruits.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Finally someone else who uses Princess Bride memes!

I don‘t make up these terms, just have to adjust to where I live. Kinda like getting used to Brandy in an old fashioned if you move to Wisconsin
Lol, yeah my sister n law lives in Wisconsin. When visiting we toured J. Henry and Sons distillery in Dane, Wisconsin. Really good Bourbon. While waiting for our tour to start we got drinks at the bar. The lady at the bar looked like she could start on the D-line for the Badgers. I ask for a Bourbon and coke. I must have sturred up a bad memory deep in her soul, thought she was going to smack the s*** out of me. Announced to the whole room "we don't do that here". I decided to have a shot over ice.🤣

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lol, yeah my sister n law lives in Wisconsin. When visiting we toured J. Henry and Sons distillery in Dane, Wisconsin. Really good Bourbon. While waiting for our tour to start we got drinks at the bar. The lady at the bar looked like she could start on the D-line for the Badgers. I ask for a Bourbon and coke. I must have sturred up a bad memory deep in her soul, thought she was going to smack the s*** out of me. Announced to the whole room "we don't do that here". I decided to have a shot over ice.🤣
Like ketchup on a good steak!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Words have specific meanings. Use of the wrong word causes poor communication and leads to mistakes.

K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, there’s some quirks in my opinion regarding alcohol in Wisconsin (Captain Morgan and Dr Pepper).
But I’ve felt their beer is superb, although most are either gone or the recipe changed. And all of them can drink me under the table. Probably the kids included.

Reactions: GovtMule
K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And I apologize for hijacking the thread. I truly am interested and was curious about the subject…..
Sorry, ive had a couple Leinei’s and WI OF’s ( which I learned on this site that this doesn’t mean Only Fans)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!