GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's for my spare tire. What do you mean whole wheel? I have a tire, need a rim to put it on.
It's a wheel...the "rim" is the outer edge!

From the Google:
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHEELS AND RIMS? The truth is that "rims" are actually just one part of the wheel. It is the outer edge of the wheel which holds the tire. It is the outer circular design and surrounds the decorative area of the wheel's hub and spokes.

R

Ripidaho

Oct 12, 2022
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's a wheel...the "rim" is the outer edge!

From the Google:
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHEELS AND RIMS? The truth is that "rims" are actually just one part of the wheel. It is the outer edge of the wheel which holds the tire. It is the outer circular design and surrounds the decorative area of the wheel's hub and spokes.

Honda wheel

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For spare tire. Live in North central. 100 miles from everywhere
If you are looking at a factory RIM (we call them a rim here in Southern Idaho too, Haha) for a spare you will need a narrower front to go on the front. I picked up 2 for the same reason from a guy around the Boise area. I tried a back one to see if it would fit on the front and in a pinch it will work but will rub if you turn lock to lock. I wish I could say I have one you can have but I gave one to a friend of mine when he went to Arizona for a couple weeks last year. He thought it was a waste to haul around but one day he was glad he had it because he ended up needing it. We usually ride as a group so as long as one person has one we feel we are good. Either way hope you can find something and Hello from Southern Idaho.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For spare tire. Live in North central. 100 miles from everywhere
Assuming u are stock?
The front tires/wheels are narrower than the rears. You CANNOT put a rear wheel on the front. But you CAN put a front wheel on the rear. You can get a rear for a spare but your limited to what you can use it for.

So the question is, which one are you seeking?

Reactions: Buggyman
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looking for a used or new 14 inch rim for my 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000
Also still no pics of your rig from you yet!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

And..... did u ever figure this out, and what did u do to fix it? You didn't ever say.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A tire mounted on a rim = a wheel 🤣
Just FYI @Ripidaho has ben MIA since last January, Never posted pics of his ride, never came to report back about this post. Prob went to the Dark side or was already there and was playing a jedi mind trick on us all!

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, he must have read my thread on "Wheels " and didn't want any s*** !

Downloadfile 7

K

Kbuc

Aug 17, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since people want to make an issue out of nothing, what do “wheel“ people call the whole unit? Do I have to say tire and wheel?
Different parts of the states say it different depending on which part of the wheel they are refering to.
I’m just thankful that Pioneers don‘t use canopies. Or is it campers? 😏

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!