P1000 17 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Updates?

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It seems with no clutch failures for us to hash over, the boards seem to quiet down.. @joeymt33 work with the Powercommander looks promising and a good thread to follow.

So has anyone seen anymore info on the LE, touched one, measured one, picked the brain of a Honda Tech about one?

I know the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows have been making their rounds, this weekend in OH next weekend in MN and following in Chicago which I will be attending. The past yrs they have had the Pioneer lineups.

SO we know the pricing on the FOX shocks, Has the intake changed? How much thicker is the seat foam? Is the seat hinged? Can the 17 mode memory be swapped to the 16? What is the "upgraded clutch" that the 17 has that the 16 does not have? Anyone got one ordered yet?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I still don't know for sure the price of the fox shocks. I called Procailber and 2 local Honda dealers and all 3 told me it was price per shock. Hondabob says it's price per set. So will see. I hope it's for a set of 2. Front & rear and not per shock x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Windrock1000
HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
Why is it here we are just about the second month of the current year and these new 017 models are not only NOT all over the dealers, but also NOT in peoples hands for months now? Looking at Polaris models they have been out to public 4 months now. Also, dealers here still have quite a few leftover 016 models and they are not real aggressive with their pricing...Do they all like these showroom monuments or is there not much room in cost in these? I note teryx4 models are sold out all around me and surrounding states. Thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
because they are scheduled to be released when they are scheduled to be released. I'm sure they won't release them any earlier because there is a surplus on dealer showrooms, BUT announcing them to be released has not helped the dealer surplus. I bet they are going to wait till the last second if not after they release the 17's to provide dealers with any additional incentives to move the 16's. Simple economics, they still have a surplus and can afford to sit on it till last min, just because you or I want them to release it early or want them to drop price on previous YM, doesn't mean jack squat to a corporation of that size. The surplus 16's are a relatively TINY line item on Hondas overall financial ledger.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hot Rod Lincoln just likes to b**** I think. I thought I heard they wouldn't be out until March or something like that? And honestly, who really gives a s*** about what Polaris does? They're not real aggressive on pricing because they haven't changed much and the 17's are not available yet anyways.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It seems with no clutch failures for us to hash over, the boards seem to quiet down.. @joeymt33 work with the Powercommander looks promising and a good thread to follow.

So has anyone seen anymore info on the LE, touched one, measured one, picked the brain of a Honda Tech about one?

I know the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows have been making their rounds, this weekend in OH next weekend in MN and following in Chicago which I will be attending. The past yrs they have had the Pioneer lineups.

SO we know the pricing on the FOX shocks, Has the intake changed? How much thicker is the seat foam? Is the seat hinged? Can the 17 mode memory be swapped to the 16? What is the "upgraded clutch" that the 17 has that the 16 does not have? Anyone got one ordered yet?
New dirtwheels mag. I recieved in the mail reviews the new pioneer. They loved the new shocks and seat. Never mentioned updates to the mechanics.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!