1k on the P1k5

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Loaded up our daughter and granddaughter & took a little ride this weekend and rolled 1000 miles on the P1k5!! 73da36545faf4a5a9049ba09dd4b76a75f60323b0e51275b4aec9f59d5a3f972

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Children please... @hondabob
Hey now! I have extenuating circumstances lol. It's nothing short of a miracle I've racked up as many as I have lol

Reactions: Plumber32
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About 1100 on ours now. Been nothing short of amazing for our needs. Actually, if it were not for the internet, I wouldn't know there were any gripes with the machine. It is a hot little bugger under certain conditions and we treat the clutches with great respect but I suspect it will last us long time.

I watched some YouTubes yesterday of guys TEARING THE LIVING CRAP out'a some Pioneers, and they just kept cranking. It almost made me sick to see them wringing the neck of these poor little machines...but that is just me. Being an old industrial maintenance mechanic, ya fix what ya break...so ya try not to break it...LOL

Next week I'm taking a camping trip with a bunch of my lifelong buds to Nevada with the AR's, then a week later another camping trip to Hole in the Rock, Utah above Lake Powell. Got'r outfitted with fuel cells and water and assorted camping gear...Just wish I had a spare tire! Should be fun...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
About 1100 on ours now. Been nothing short of amazing for our needs. Actually, if it were not for the internet, I wouldn't know there were any gripes with the machine. It is a hot little bugger under certain conditions and we treat the clutches with great respect but I suspect it will last us long time.

I watched some YouTubes yesterday of guys TEARING THE LIVING CRAP out'a some Pioneers, and they just kept cranking. It almost made me sick to see them wringing the neck of these poor little machines...but that is just me. Being an old industrial maintenance mechanic, ya fix what ya break...so ya try not to break it...LOL

Next week I'm taking a camping trip with a bunch of my lifelong buds to Nevada with the AR's, then a week later another camping trip to Hole in the Rock, Utah above Lake Powell. Got'r outfitted with fuel cells and water and assorted camping gear...Just wish I had a spare tire! Should be fun...
Sounds awesome. Fuel cells??

Reactions: Remington
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really fuel cells...They are flat fuel packs. They do store in the back very well. Sorry for the confusion.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not really fuel cells...They are flat fuel packs. They do store in the back very well. Sorry for the confusion.
Oh I know what you mean now!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I wonder who that was??? Hmm :)

advertisement
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice. I always welcome somebody who isn't disappointed with their machine.
Nope no real disappointments, so far does everything we expected from it and more!!! Not saying a few things couldn't be a little better but I didn't buy it expecting it to be perfect for everything.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

D

Dasmoeturhead

Almost 800 trouble free miles on mine. It's been perfect really. I did the simple bilge fan, seat insulation mod for the heat, snorkel, and of course some accessories. No issues at all.
Same mileage as you, and sounds like the same story. No real problems here. It be real difficult to maintain my mountain property without my right hand man (my P1K3).

G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
another camping trip to Hole in the Rock, Utah above Lake Powell. Got'r outfitted with fuel cells and water and assorted camping gear...Just wish I had a spare tire! Should be fun...

Are you doing Hole in the Rock from Escalante headed east towards the lake or from the east headed west towards the lake. I have done the ride west to east but not east to west. How did your 1000-5 do on the trail? How much fuel did you end up consuming out and back? Did you go out and back in one day or split it over two? I really want to run this trail!!! Any advice for someone that hasn't run the trail but wants to?

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have yet to go, it's like the second week in October. We're going to leave from Hwy 12 just outside Escalante, park the trailers and make camp then head down the dirt road. I figure it's like 130 miles round trip and should be a decent road. Gonna take gas and groceries and do it in one day. The next day we're going to go explore the north side of Hwy 12 and make a loop around near Boulder UT. Should be sweet.

Where do you live? That whole area is frigg'n amazing.

Reactions: grizzly660fan
G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have yet to go, it's like the second week in October. We're going to leave from Hwy 12 just outside Escalante, park the trailers and make camp then head down the dirt road. I figure it's like 130 miles round trip and should be a decent road. Gonna take gas and groceries and do it in one day. The next day we're going to go explore the north side of Hwy 12 and make a loop around near Boulder UT. Should be sweet.

Where do you live? That whole area is frigg'n amazing.

I am in the Salt Lake area but we wander the entire state as there is so much to see. I have done the trip you are talking about and it can easily be done in a day. It was about 100 miles round trip for us, that depends on where you depart from so you are in the hunt for sure on your estimations. I had always been there by boat from Lake Powell so it was interesting to see. I hear they have improved the road now that its on the State Park registry but don't know for sure. It was a bumpy long ride. Lots to see on Boulder Mtn.

I want to do the other side, come in from Halls Crossing to the lake and back. I know some who have done it by jeep and split it to two days, hoping to find out if it can be done in one or to plan on two via sxs or not.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!