P1000 2023 P1k5 Trail Schematic

PapasTrail

PapasTrail

Apr 28, 2023
Cabot AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got a 2023 Trail Edition and there is a dome light switch and another “do nothing” switch that have wires connected but I’m not finding an unused connector to plug into. Is there an available schematic or can someone tell me where these wires terminate? I assume that are tucked away somewhere under the hood.
Thanks!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just got a 2023 Trail Edition and there is a dome light switch and another “do nothing” switch that have wires connected but I’m not finding an unused connector to plug into. Is there an available schematic or can someone tell me where these wires terminate? I assume that are tucked away somewhere under the hood.
Thanks!
Welcome from South Florida

First post sooooo, make an intro thread and post some pics of your rig before you get yelled at 😂

I'm not too familiar with the new models but I know there's been mention of them "do nothing" switches and I believe they are just that....."do nothing".....no plug to be found, basically you have to "add" to them. Use the search bar up top and read up on many many many topics 😉 👍

POIDH!!!!

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Most likely the same as the 2022. This worked for my 2022 Deluxe. Search bar in the upper right is your friend.

Welcome from South Dakota !

PapasTrail

PapasTrail

Apr 28, 2023
Cabot AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks NewHere2, I had already tried removing the blue tape and found a “capsule” of blue wire crimped together. Kind of why I was looking for a schematic because the wires from the back of those switches have to go somewhere 😬
I guess if it was easy, Honda techs wouldn’t have jobs! I’ll mess with it again this weekend and see if I missed something last weekend.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Hondasxs explains the wiring further down in that thread. For some reason I can't pull it up when I select the link. find the original post. Better info.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

Newest one I could find.

Best get some pics of your rig posted before the Sheriff calls you out. Rule #4

Reactions: Robobrainiac
NewHere2

NewHere2

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

Might find something useful here.

Reactions: JenElio
PapasTrail

PapasTrail

Apr 28, 2023
Cabot AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "dead" on/off switch goes nowhere. The blue tape hides the dummy plug with a loop of wire. There are "upfitter" switches only, 3 amp max.
I pulled the blue tape off and there is only a clear “capsule” of blue wires crimped together on the 2023.
There is also an open plug under the front seat but I haven’t checked to see if the wire colors match up to one of these switches.

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

I pulled the blue tape off and there is only a clear “capsule” of blue wires crimped together on the 2023.
There is also an open plug under the front seat but I haven’t checked to see if the wire colors match up to one of these switches.
The blue tape under the hood on the passenger side? There should be one plug with a loop of wire there.

The red plug under the seat is a diagnostic connector.

Reactions: Smitty335
PapasTrail

PapasTrail

Apr 28, 2023
Cabot AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I found the plug with the white wire loop, but the “do nothing” switch doesn’t seem to supply power to it.
The black plug under the seat is powered by the switch with the light symbol on it and there are two more locations in the bed for lights.

PapasTrail

PapasTrail

Apr 28, 2023
Cabot AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The blue tape under the hood on the passenger side? There should be one plug with a loop of wire there.

The red plug under the seat is a diagnostic connector.
is the do nothing switch supposed to power that connector? Is there a standard plug that will fit that connector?

H

HondaTech

is the do nothing switch supposed to power that connector? Is there a standard plug that will fit that connector?

You could power something with the red plug, but I wouldn't bother. The wire has to be so small to fit the pins it's useless for that.

The dead switch powers nothing, it's there so you can turn on a relay or something similarly low power. It's only rated for 3 amps.

PapasTrail

PapasTrail

Apr 28, 2023
Cabot AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could power something with the red plug, but I wouldn't bother. The wire has to be so small to fit the pins it's useless for that.

The dead switch powers nothing, it's there so you can turn on a relay or something similarly low power. It's only rated for 3 amps.
For sure, the small gauge wires are really only enough for control voltage.
There are so many modifications that can be made, I wish Honda would include an accessory panel for that purpose.
I still haven’t come across a good schematic, is there one out there?

H

HondaTech

For sure, the small gauge wires are really only enough for control voltage.
There are so many modifications that can be made, I wish Honda would include an accessory panel for that purpose.
I still haven’t come across a good schematic, is there one out there?

The service manual has a wiring diagram in it. They make a fuse panel but it doesn't just plug into the dead switch either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!