P500 1st Ride observations and questions for P500 owners

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
That sucks. Wonder if the 51" 50" RZR's will be ticketed?
I'm sure money has nothing to do with it...( :rolleyes: )...but i find it interesting that they are enforcing it more when the trend seems to be opening them up for most places.
I plan on having my own tape measure onboard at all times as well as camera's mostly to measure the gates we come across out there.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That sucks. Wonder if the 51" 50" RZR's will be ticketed?
I'm sure money has nothing to do with it...( :rolleyes: )...but i find it interesting that they are enforcing it more when the trend seems to be opening them up for most places.

The 50" rule is more a leagle / court settlement thing.
If there is significant disregard for the rule it is posible for the tree huggers to take it back to court and ask for the restrictions thay wanted in the first place.
For a national forrest the 50" on the tape measure is what is going to count.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just ride where I can fit. This sport brings money with it to these county's and if I were ticketed somewhere for being too wide I'd just never ride there again, and be sure to tell them that.

U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
First ride impressions...........had my first ride today in 2018 P5...........I now fully understand what most have been speaking of here in regards to the smoothness....it is every bit as firm on bumps as I was led to believe....a moderate trail produced some spine jarring thumps....the rest of the machine seems great...love the tranny, and sound of the engine....glad I put PS on, because it seemed heavy enough with the kit added....

I will drop air pressure in tires more....but will probably have to try taller tires to get more sidewall flex....also the tires will be radials..
unsure about WE shocks...if they gave a cushy ride on medium bumps I would be in, but that is not where I understand they shine.....

my question....does anyone use a cushion on the seat to soak up some of the bumps?....I am thinking of something like truck drivers use to cushion road bumps....if so, what is best...gel, memory foam, air, something else.......

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!