P700m4 2.5” Lift and Spring Spacers?

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I had 1-1/8” spring spacers on my 700-4 which gave me 2” of lift all the way around. However the ride was pretty stiff so I took them off and installed a strong made 2.5” lift. The ride is much better but I think I lost clearance with the lift vs the spring spacers. Anyone using spring spacers and a lift? If so, what lift and size spring spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and swsebek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had 1-1/8” spring spacers on my 700-4 which gave me 2” of lift all the way around. However the ride was pretty stiff so I took them off and installed a strong made 2.5” lift. The ride is much better but I think I lost clearance with the lift vs the spring spacers. Anyone using spring spacers and a lift? If so, what lift and size spring spacers?

I had spacers and a lift on my 700, spacers made it ride like an empty 5ton truck.

Ended up making my own 4” lift by copying the strong made and shifting the upper hole.

F8963e300c805ddf3fcc84119939f097

Bd048a2b86ead446cc10f52e60eacb8c

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had the Spacers and the lift, I had to take off the rears and rode with just the front Spacers and the lift. "5 ton truck ride is right"If was nice and way better then stock. But I bit the bullet and bought fox shocks and oh my how nice it is. I don't regret the 1100 bucks and the headache With A bad company to get them.
I had 1" spacers

Reactions: Max718 and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you had any trouble with axels or ball joints with that big of lift
I sold it with about 800 miles on it, the guy that bought it has about 4k on it and told me a while back all he's done is regular maintenance. It wouldn't droop anymore than factory but it was at full droop anytime the suspension wasn't compressed.

Reactions: BWAF
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for the input fellas. I feel like my 700 is a little droopy now that I took the spacers off and just have the lift on. I may try cutting my spacers down to maybe 1/2” and see if I can get some of the droop out of it and it still fit in my garage . Although, if I could convince my wife into Fox shocks sounds like my problem would be solved. Hate to keep putting money into my 700 when I know I’m going to drop the bomb on a Talon!

Reactions: BWAF and swsebek
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Thanks for the input fellas. I feel like my 700 is a little droopy now that I took the spacers off and just have the lift on. I may try cutting my spacers down to maybe 1/2” and see if I can get some of the droop out of it and it still fit in my garage . Although, if I could convince my wife into Fox shocks sounds like my problem would be solved. Hate to keep putting money into my 700 when I know I’m going to drop the bomb on a Talon!

Talon gotta come out first ha ha sure taking there sweet time

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!