Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You’ve barely got the velvet worn off of that bed liner
I know right?
that was a buddy's buck. Our camp is up in northern Mi 40min south of the Mighty Mac bridge. Hard to get huge bucks there, but every now and again one slips. That guy was 3 yrs old if i remember.

Pieward

Pieward

Oct 2, 2021
Sw ark
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm curious with those 5000 mile oil change intervals - how often you checked your oil level, and if / how much you found yourself adding between changes.
Still full of oil, tried to take pic but it wasn’t visible on camera , honestly can’t remember the last time I changed it or checked it. So definitely not leaking or burning oil yet. Also checked, 2837.2 hrs on the clock. I don’t do W O T driving, mostly 20-30 mph, anything over that is uncomfortable for me. Sure that has helped lead to longevity of the engine to

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still full of oil, tried to take pic but it wasn’t visible on camera , honestly can’t remember the last time I changed it or checked it. So definitely not leaking or burning oil yet. Also checked, 2837.2 hrs on the clock. I don’t do W O T driving, mostly 20-30 mph, anything over that is uncomfortable for me. Sure that has helped lead to longevity of the engine to
That should calculate to an average of 7.12MPH

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Signed up here awhile back just to look around, thought I might tell a bit about my experience with 16 1000-5 deluxe. I’m now at 20200 miles, I don’t trail ride or mud ride, tho I often do drive thru mud on the farm. Other than my own neglect, It’s been bullet proof. Always seem to be in a hurry so on multiple occasions before I stopped completely I’d shoot for neutral and find reverse. I stripped the reverse gear around 5000 miles, had it rebuilt,but stripped it out again shortly after so for the last 15000 or so miles I’ve drove it without reverse.I replaced brake pads at 16k,rear bearings at 18k starter motor at 19k. Now the shifter cable is broken so it stays in high full time, driver side of seat is worn out , floor board is shattered ,step rails are gone, driver door gone, needs replaced or maybe bushings, on 3rd set of tires. I ve never opened the air filter box,not once,only changed the oil four times, but it’s still running as good as when new. I no my maintinance schedule is harsh, but that’s why I only buy Honda’s, they are the best on earth. I run it 7 days a week, I’m going to try and upload pics of it and it’s new replacement. What if anything I wanted to show was that riding on gravel, the rocks have eaten the step rails completely away, I have some cheap mud guards ordered to put on new sxs For protection of side step rails. Zoom in on pics so you get an idea

View attachment 349051 View attachment 349052 View attachment 349053
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. You sure got your moneys worth out of that one! :)

Where are you at in SW Arkansas? I was born in Magnolia and lived there when I was a Kid. Still have some family ties there.

BTW, blue is the coolest color on a Pioneer.
Blue

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I got the ricochet rock sliders to help keep sticks from busting the floorboard and firewall (already had it happen before) and they will prevent rock wear from happening. Easy install. You can see them in the second picture. I like that color too. Mine used to be camo.

Honda blue
Buggy blue

G

Gohonda2

Supporting Member
Jul 5, 2022
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Talon R
I got the ricochet rock sliders to help keep sticks from busting the floorboard and firewall (already had it happen before) and they will prevent rock wear from happening. Easy install. You can see them in the second picture. I like that color too. Mine used to be camo.
How does it ride on those tires?

Pieward

Pieward

Oct 2, 2021
Sw ark
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 349206View attachment 349207
Good looking rig, I like your color n tires to. What year is your pioneer? Went to ricochet site an looked at em , I’d say that’s the best way to go from what I can see thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Pieward

Pieward

Oct 2, 2021
Sw ark
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 349206View attachment 349207
Ricochet rock sliders not available for 2022 p1k5 yet, I called them to check, looks like I will be waiting. They said they hadn’t had a 2022 in their shop, so maybe it’s the same as previous models? Anybody know? Never mind, I compared it to my 16, maybe more to it, but the front fender well plastic for sure is different

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!