BRed 20-50wt BR??

J

JamiePZ

Aug 20, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. Big Red
Has anyone tried 20-50 syn in there high mileage BR? Mines a 12 with some usage and has been rebuilt for poor airfilter maintenance with previous owner. Somebody told me there's a pressure switch for trans and low oil pressure could cause trans disengaging. mines been acting alittle weird lately. Been running 10-40 4T Dino. It's hot here in Texas so I was thinking increase viscosity I dunno. Thanks for any info
Jamie

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had good luck with 10-30 synthetic in my pioneer 700 (basically same drivetrain as big red). I've got almost 4000 miles

Reactions: joeymt33
J

JamiePZ

Aug 20, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. Big Red
Ok. Thanks for the reply. My Red doesn't have the LCD dash so record of use. The original owner obviously wasn't the operator. Was used and abused. I'm slowly getting it back in shape. Sometimes forward "disengages" and takes alittle wiggle on the shifter for it to "re engage". It feels electrical. Like a switch tripping. That's why I was thinking oil pressure. I'm gonna switch to 10-40 4T synthetic. I also just realized I've been accidentally running it 1/4" over the full mark on the dipstick like a dipstick. Will that cause issues? Thanks for any help
Jamie

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Running it slightly over full shouldn't cause any problems

H

HondaTech

A fella around our area tried 20w-50 in his Big Red and the engine came apart soon after. Oil pump couldn't pump it fast enough when cold to keep the engine lubed up top. Burnt cam and piston up pretty bad, oil pump wasn't happy either.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!