$20 Windshield wiper/washer option for Talon.

Nogrey

Nogrey

Aug 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey all. Was searching for a windshield wiper solution for my 1000R with the Honda Poly windshield when I came across a Polaris forum that mentions a $35 solution for the windshield wiper. Using that information, I went to the local "you pull" junk yard and pulled the rear windshield wiper from a 2001 Ford Escape rear windshield. Must not have been a great car because there were about 20 to choose from and I live in a small town! Anyway, I brought it home, installed it on the Honda OEM hard poly windshield. I drilled out the wiper arm and extended it 1.5". Bought a 14" silicone wiper from Rain X. I installed the switch on the wiper motor housing. It is a "self return" unit so when you switch it off it returns to home, which is nicely located on the passenger side. It has a 170º sweep so it very nicely covers the entire windshield. I also installed a Kemimoto windshield washer to aid in clearing mud and debris so as to minimize scratches to the poly. At any rate, I am very pleased with the installation and the coverage. My Talon seems to sling mud everywhere even though I have RokBlokz extended fenders. Anyway, I'll try to answer any questions if anyone is interested. It turned out great.

IMG 7686 TempImagentgb5R TempImageM8F91d TempImagePUJgZs IMG 7651

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey all. Was searching for a windshield wiper solution for my 1000R with the Honda Poly windshield when I came across a Polaris forum that mentions a $35 solution for the windshield wiper. Using that information, I went to the local "you pull" junk yard and pulled the rear windshield wiper from a 2001 Ford Escape rear windshield. Must not have been a great car because there were about 20 to choose from and I live in a small town! Anyway, I brought it home, installed it on the Honda OEM hard poly windshield. I drilled out the wiper arm and extended it 1.5". Bought a 14" silicone wiper from Rain X. I installed the switch on the wiper motor housing. It is a "self return" unit so when you switch it off it returns to home, which is nicely located on the passenger side. It has a 170º sweep so it very nicely covers the entire windshield. I also installed a Kemimoto windshield washer to aid in clearing mud and debris so as to minimize scratches to the poly. At any rate, I am very pleased with the installation and the coverage. My Talon seems to sling mud everywhere even though I have RokBlokz extended fenders. Anyway, I'll try to answer any questions if anyone is interested. It turned out great.

View attachment 320948 View attachment 320949 View attachment 320950 View attachment 320951 View attachment 320953

Nice. I'll be interested to see how your windshield holds up over the long haul. BTW - Where did you locate the control switch and what kind of switch did you use? Any possibility of seeing pics of the switch?

Thanks,
Steve

Nogrey

Nogrey

Aug 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice. I'll be interested to see how your windshield holds up over the long haul. BTW - Where did you locate the control switch and what kind of switch did you use? Any possibility of seeing pics of the switch?

Thanks,
Steve
I went on a long ride today (80 miles) with lots of mud. I installed a washer system and used it and the wiper on the trails. The window is clean and clear as can be. It's hard poly. Can't guarantee it will last, but it's something I'm willing to find out. Running without the wiper and washer was horrible.
This is the switch I used. If you look at the last photo you can just make it out in the lower right portion of the motor housing. Houseuse Car Auto Red Light SPST 2 Position Snap in Round Boat Rocker Switch: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

D

Deathcure

Jan 12, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 320948 View attachment 320949 View attachment 320950 View attachment 320951 View attachment 320953
I also did a washer system on mine works great so far

20220226 125152 20220226 165312 20220226 165331 20220226 165501 20220226 165529 20220226 165928 Screenshot 20220226 170224 Outlook

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!