2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
IMG 0831
IMG 0830
IMG 0829
IMG 0828
IMG 0827
Having customer fab spare tire carriers for my Talons. I took him several photos and we discussed placement and function. Went by this afternoon to look at how things were coming. I have HMF rear tailgates for the cargo area. Here's what he came up with. Curious to hear thoughts regarding what we've done. This is still a work in progress. Once finished, I plan to powder coat. Waiting on wheel studs and lug nuts

Last edited:
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Looks awesome. I've been trying to figure something out for mine. Is that the HMF tailgate that requires the HMF rear bumper?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looks awesome. I've been trying to figure something out for mine. Is that the HMF tailgate that requires the HMF rear bumper?
Sure looks like it, although the current design has a different logo.

Reactions: Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Care to tell us why it's so far out from the tailgate? Thinking leverage, lever arm and other physics that come into play. Maybe thinking more rearward will help damp the Talon's known bucking issues?

Img 0829 jpeg

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Care to tell us why it's so far out from the tailgate? Thinking leverage, lever arm and other physics that come into play. Maybe thinking more rearward will help damp the Talon's known bucking issues?

View attachment 408809
@Scrappapotamus is planning on running rims with +250MM offset ... :)

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV

View attachment 408809
First off, you work with the hand dealt when fabricating an existing component. The tubing on the HMF tailgate probably wouldn't have coped with the weight and continued pounding had we mounted the wheel/tire assembly parallel to the machine. Our mount's tubing was attached outboard closer to the existing uprights for strength. The bucking these machines are known for was a consideration, and tilting the wheel assembly should help with weight distribution on the gate and enhance rearward visibility. I shopped and purchased several mounts prior to going this route. HMF looks to have had one similar early on, but their's was mounted in the center of the gate between the upper and lower tubes and guessing why they aborted their design. I reached out to them but was stonewalled by the telephone attendant.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
HMF looks to have had one similar early on, but their's was mounted in the center of the gate between the upper and lower tubes and guessing why they aborted their design. I reached out to them but was stonewalled by the telephone attendant.

That place is horrible to deal with in my experience. I had an issue with one of the HMF* mufflers on my Talon and trying to get a straight answer out of them about warranty coverage was impossible. I ended up throwing their *Hackfuk Muffler Factory piles of crap in the trash and installing Schoenfeld micro sprint mufflers that I've had no problems with since.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!