P1000 2016 pioneer 1000 extremely high idle

C

chrisjohns27

Dec 19, 2021
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My SXS has started idling really high it will bounce from 2100 to close to 3k rpm at idle. I can not change from H to R while the buggy is running. When i crank it up and put it in gear it will start driving forward without pressing the throttle. Any suggestions on the issue?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
any chance that your throttle cable has become frayed and isn't allowing it to idle down.

Reactions: Lady01
Travis R

Travis R

Sep 26, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is a recall on the throttle body and a recall on the throttle pedal. I just found this info out. The 2016 Pioneer 1000 has 4 recalls according to Honda’s website and my local dealer. Call a dealer and give them your VIN#. I hope this helps you and please post back. I just purchased a used 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 EPS. It’s going to the dealer next week to get all the recalls done, free of charge.
Have a Blessed Day!

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
There is a recall on the throttle body and a recall on the throttle pedal. I just found this info out. The 2016 Pioneer 1000 has 4 recalls according to Honda’s website and my local dealer. Call a dealer and give them your VIN#. I hope this helps you and please post back. I just purchased a used 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 EPS. It’s going to the dealer next week to get all the recalls done, free of charge.
Have a Blessed Day!
I forgot about that . My throttle pedal was replaced last year.

Reactions: Lady01 and Travis R
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The IACV is also known to have a wire break right at the head of the connector. This break will not be visible and will be inside the wire insulation right where the pin crimped the wire. Just like the fuel injectors do.

This is a example of how the break will be. But this is a fuel injector connector.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!