BOX1

P1000 2016 Pioneer 1000 trans issue

R

rodbolt

Nov 25, 2022
South, Central US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Searched around found little that may help.

2016 Pioneer 1000-5. It has a ton of miles on it. I just bought it and I do not like it already. The transmission slips between gears. Upon searching I found the reinitialization procedure, followed it and FINALLY after several attempts got it to work. After the initialization was done, now the engine revs to like 4000 RPM and then the clutch engages. Really rough. Shifting between gears has not changed that I can tell but it is very slow to engage.

Tried the relearn procedure several times since and cannot get it to do it again?

Ideas?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

2016 Pioneer 1000-5. It has a ton of miles on it. I just bought it and I do not like it already. The transmission slips between gears. Upon searching I found the reinitialization procedure, followed it and FINALLY after several attempts got it to work. After the initialization was done, now the engine revs to like 4000 RPM and then the clutch engages. Really rough. Shifting between gears has not changed that I can tell but it is very slow to engage.

Tried the relearn procedure several times since and cannot get it to do it again?

Ideas?
Clutch pac?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it’s only slipping in every other gear, you can probably get by replacing 1 of 2 clutch packs. Not a major deal, and DIY is about $350. I’m not sure what it’ll cost to update the clutch cover.

Did you not test drive it?

Also, I’m surprised you got it to initiate at all with worn out clutches. Mine never did until they were replaced

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ideas?
If you sell it cheap I'll buy it.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Ideas?
Post #4 is your answer!

But must beg the question,You say you just bought it and already dont like the rig cuz its slipping! Didnt you test drive it Before you “Just bought it”? If you did and you still bought it, shame on you and if you didnt and still bought it, shame in you again! You shouldnt not like the rig! Its not its fault! Just sayin!!

Oh and Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ideas?
Dont get too discouraged...if you've only driven the machine with a bad clutch pack, then you really havent given it a fair chance. And if you're looking for help with it, you've come to the right place. There are members on here with tens of thousands of miles on their pioneers, and the clutch issue was well known on the 16s. I'm sure theres even a thread on here with directions and pics on how to replace them. Just use the search bar at the top. Also it's a good idea to have a Honda service manual for your machine. I think theres even a downloadable one floating around here somewhere. Best of luck

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This should be a good start

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!