BOX1

P700 2016 pioneer 700 stuck in 2nd gear

A

arkhunter1250

May 24, 2020
Redfield ar
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just bought a used pioneer had 400 miles on it when I got it. Now its stuck in second gear and won't shift up or down. Anyone kniw what might be going on?

H

HondaTech

Whats the oil look like?
Does it appear to have been under water at any point in time?

A

arkhunter1250

May 24, 2020
Redfield ar
Ownership

1. 700-2
the oil is fine. Just serviced this morning. I went through a low water bridge a little fast yesterday playing with the kids and it splashed pretty hard

H

HondaTech

Anything on the dash flashing?

I doubt you got any water in the oil from splashing. If would've needed to drown the air filter to get to the engine.

A

arkhunter1250

May 24, 2020
Redfield ar
Ownership

1. 700-2
No lights on the dash and the air filter was dry as a bone

H

HondaTech

Sounds like something internal in the valve body or and oil issue.

A

arkhunter1250

May 24, 2020
Redfield ar
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anything I can do at home to fix or is it something i need to take it to a dealer for?

H

HondaTech

Maybe turn the emergency valve in and drive it around in 2nd gear until the oil is good and hot. Then unscrew it and see if that loosens something up.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!