P700 2016 Pioneer 700 worn out at 4300 miles??

M

Mnjr

Jun 15, 2017
Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Noticed I'm using oil at 4300 miles, (Changed at 500-600 mile intervals with Honda oil) The dealer had it the end of May changing rear rotor. It was 1 quart low when I got it back. I figured they forgot to top it off when doing the job. I changed the oil before sending it there, it had 121 miles on it at that time. My extended warranty expires in 20 days. I had to add another quart today so I called the dealer inquiring what I need to do. My dealer tells me it's worn out and needs the top end done and it probably won't be covered if I bring it to them because I service it myself.. Never skipped or skimped on service. NEVER over 600 miles, always near 500. Is this common? I am in shock at the moment. I thought I'd get better service out of it than this. Thoughts?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What, didn't like the responses to the other thread you posted this on? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Noticed I'm using oil at 4300 miles, (Changed at 500-600 mile intervals with Honda oil) The dealer had it the end of May changing rear rotor. It was 1 quart low when I got it back. I figured they forgot to top it off when doing the job. I changed the oil before sending it there, it had 121 miles on it at that time. My extended warranty expires in 20 days. I had to add another quart today so I called the dealer inquiring what I need to do. My dealer tells me it's worn out and needs the top end done and it probably won't be covered if I bring it to them because I service it myself.. Never skipped or skimped on service. NEVER over 600 miles, always near 500. Is this common? I am in shock at the moment. I thought I'd get better service out of it than this. Thoughts?
If you got the oil and filter receipts and logged the hours when changed you have proof. Might have to fight, like I said you have proof.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!