2017 Honda Pioneer Hunting Pics.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
He was my first deer. 2nd time ever in the treestand he showed up at 715.
Nice. I’ve passed on a few nice ones over the past few years.
Now it’s as soo as you pull the trigger, the guns over and work begins. But that’s a nice deer. Good genetics. :)
Caper

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Took little man this afternoon at his request. Didnt see any. Blind was flipped over when we arrived. Wind does nobody any favors.
20190410 162200

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
I go Grouse hunting at my camp every fall and trout fishing ever spring. :) My two favourite things. :)
Caper
But one additional Benefit at The Lodge at Chama is I get my meals prepared by Food Networks "Chopped" winning Chef Fernando Ruiz. I think I want to live there.:)

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
But one additional Benefit at The Lodge at Chama is I get my meals prepared by Food Networks "Chopped" winning Chef Fernando Ruiz. I think I want to live there.:)
Nice:) Like I said, Can I come. :D
That sounds really fun.
I have to cook for myself. Except for breakfast. My cousin is an RCMP and he cooked breakfast for everyone in his group when he was learning. Must say, he does a great breakfast. Even better if I have Blood pudding. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I love my Traeger also and find foods turn out a lot more juicy and it is so much easier to smoke meats than tending a wood fire box.
Bird looks great!
What does a Traeger look like. Can you post a picture. Thanks Outfitter.
Caper

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Love my Traeger but the first one died in a blaze of glory. If it had been on out wood deck our house wouldve burned. 2nd one caught fire the 5th cook on it but I put it out qith the garden hose. They do make some tasty food though.

Reactions: JTW and Caper
Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1158

What does a Traeger look like. Can you post a picture. Thanks Outfitter.
Caper

Here is my Traeger 20" Pro model in front of the Weber Genesis. Lot of companies making pellet grills now with a lot of different features, such as Rec Tec, Pit Boss etc. some even having WiFi for digital control of temp and starting them up. Many flavors of pellets available for different meats /flavors.
I find that it's hard to beat these for slow cooking/ smoking as you set the temp and forget it. I use a digital remote thermometer to monitor the exact meat temp.
Gassers are great for somethings but a pellet grill really can put out some great foods. I did marinaded fresh Asparagus and some bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp last night.....delicious!

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 124673

Here is my Traeger 20" Pro model in front of the Weber Genesis. Lot of companies making pellet grills now with a lot of different features, such as Rec Tec, Pit Boss etc. some even having WiFi for digital control of temp and starting them up. Many flavors of pellets available for different meats /flavors.
I find that it's hard to beat these for slow cooking/ smoking as you set the temp and forget it. I use a digital remote thermometer to monitor the exact meat temp.
Gasses are great for somethings but a pellet grill really can put out some great foods. I did marinaded fresh Asparagus and some bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp last night.....delicious!
J
View attachment 124673

Gasses are great for somethings but a pellet grill really can put out some great foods. I did marinaded fresh Asparagus and some bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp last night.....delicious!
Thanks guys.
Oh , it’s a pellet smoker. I saw one , it looks the same, at Costco a couple days ago. I wasn’t sure how they would work. I’ve been thinking of buying a smoker for awhile.
Thanks Outfitter for the picture.
Caper

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
Love my Traeger but the first one died in a blaze of glory. If it had been on out wood deck our house wouldve burned. 2nd one caught fire the 5th cook on it but I put it out qith the garden hose. They do make some tasty food though.

The only time I had an issue with mine (one time) is when I had not cleaned out the fire bowl from a couple of previous cooks and I think humidity got to the pellets in the augur feeder which caused a fire in the augur system. I caught it quickly and did a quick disassemble and was up and smoking again in no time.
I keep my pellets in a plastic container now to keep them from being impacted by humidity and have not had a problem since.

Reactions: Caper and Landman
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
The only time I had an issue with mine (one time) is when I had not cleaned out the fire bowl from a couple of previous cooks and I think humidity got to the pellets in the augur feeder which caused a fire in the augur system. I caught it quickly and did a quick disassemble and was up and smoking again in no time.
I keep my pellets in a plastic container now to keep them from being impacted by humidity and have not had a problem since.
Mine had fire blowing out of every orfice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!