Multi 2017 Honda Pioneer Model Info - 700 Deluxe W/paddles, 500 Auto, and 1000 is MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not hype about the 1000 specifically, just hype in general as to what's coming. They hint at a total "game changer", then push back the announcement. And what do we do? We post, speculate, wish, and dream about what they could have up their sleeve!

They did it last year and had a machine to back up the hype. Hopefully that is what's happening again.

I very much hope you are right. I also hope they are holding off while doing some finishing touches to add some good creature comforts to it that are available to some of the competitor models that would be a retrofit option to existing machines like:

-Shifter boot on to stop heat through the dash
-Seat like what is on the Can Am Defender
-Heat shields
-Some sort of new dash or bolt on storage options for onboard storage
-Snap on under hood factory prefilter snorkel that won't violate the warranty
-Maybe underseat storage containers
-Maybe a Honda factory integrated front bumper/storage rack combo

Just some ideas.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
It will be interesting to see if the 500 is now geared a little higher with the DCT like the Rancher and Rubicon are. If so I think I may have to trade mine for a '17.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It will be interesting to see if the 500 is now geared a little higher with the DCT like the Rancher and Rubicon are. If so I think I may have to trade mine for a '17.
There has been no mention of it getting a DCT? However I do agree it is not very clear. Will it just have auto shifting programming or what... Don't know. Yet!

H

HondaTech

The P5 suspension will be just like the 14 to 15 change for the P7. It's just dual rate springs, look at a 2014 and 2015 700. The 14 will have a consistent spring spacing all the way down, the 15 has a smaller tighter spring on top, with a more open spring on the bottom. It just allows the suspension to be softer but still not bottom out. I've never ridden them back to back to tell the difference.

D

DMZ

Feb 19, 2016
Georgia
So what is the estimated date of when Honda will release info on the 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000?

Reactions: Eltobgi
H

HondaTech

Honda always makes changes after the first year model. They might not be visible or noticeable but they will. I'm guessing their working on the heat issue and maybe a few other things. The clutch issue really isn't an issue to me, we own three dealers and have done 5 combined. One was an under water situation so, you can say 4 really. And they were all early production, the one I did was the 47th off the line. So guessing what ever cause that issue is gone and behind them. I'm cofident Big Red will make this unit the best it can be and help those out who've had problems with the ones they currently own. But I do agree with you the Teryx is a pile of junk.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Hotrod should be happy with a Ranger or Defender if he can deal with a belt drive. They work great especially if you only put on a few hundred miles a year. I put on over 15,000 miles a year and that's more then I put on my truck. The Honda quality and design is the best and when they see a failure they do a product update for the best customer satisfaction. Can-Am and Polaris will wait until they have to do a recall especially Polaris and now they are dealing with the fire problems and unhappy customers. Can-Am had too many problems and they are difficult to work on. Polaris is fixable so I bought 3 and all three are still running great and the 2011 RZR 900 has way over 11,000 miles on it now. I spend about 2 weeks fixing all the design and assembly problems and still had lots of parts fail due mostly to cheap poor quality parts. My friends know how fussy I am about set up and maintenance and they know my stuff has not been abused plus they get a great price. I'm too old to wait and probably a bit stupid too but I buy the latest UTV's available and I have fun in the fast lane. My 2016 Yamaha YXZ has lots of problem but its all fixable and it doesn't have a belt drive. In 4 months I put on over 4,200 miles and it would have been a lot more but I drive my Hondas on the tough rides. I'm ASE Certified in everything except Auto transmissions and have been retired for over 20 years. I go riding on average 6 days a week and that's for the last 20 years. I did over 20 years racing motorcycles and 10 years racing Mt Bikes. You young guys can wait on the Honda Sport Models and I do expect them later this year. I still ride fast with a few young guys in their 60's. Some of us never grow up. These toys cost from $1.00 to $5.00 a mile depending on use and maintenance.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you for your honest feedback @hondabob. You have a great experience with machines from different manufacturers and your input has been valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda always makes changes after the first year model. They might not be visible or noticeable but they will. I'm guessing their working on the heat issue and maybe a few other things. The clutch issue really isn't an issue to me, we own three dealers and have done 5 combined. One was an under water situation so, you can say 4 really. And they were all early production, the one I did was the 47th off the line. So guessing what ever cause that issue is gone and behind them. I'm cofident Big Red will make this unit the best it can be and help those out who've had problems with the ones they currently own. But I do agree with you the Teryx is a pile of junk.

Thank you for posting that info about the transmission. My dealer, per my recent conversation, who says he is 2nd largest in the nation said he did 5 total since release.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thread halted... Reopen soon.

Ok... This topic is halted for a bit. It is now way off track.
We have deleted over 35 off-topic posts that has nothing to do with the 2017 release info.
If yours got cleared I apologize. I don't mean to offend.
Some were irrelevant, some others were good responses to the irrelevancy.

We have an entire section that may fit some - Moan & Groan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!