Multi 2017 Honda Pioneer Model Info - 700 Deluxe W/paddles, 500 Auto, and 1000 is MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
So did they just add manual shift paddles to the existing 3 speed tranny in the 700? No low range or extra gears?

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
No turf mode for the 700. I'm glad I have the 16'. Paddles and EPS are not a selling point for me.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Would of liked to have seen some suspension upgrades for both the 500 and 700 tho. Hope there's a few things from the new 700 I can upgrade on my 700 maybe the led lights. Some changes is better than no changes honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love what they did with the 700. Wish they would of made it a 4 speed with a granny gear.
Can't believe they added paddles and left it a 3 speed. Really not much to make people want one except the 700-4 Deluxe and it is too expensive for what you get.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No shout-out for bringing pics etc? I see how it is :p
Do you know if the transmission in the 500 is the same as 16 with an automatic shift feature added, or if its the transmission from the Rubicon?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can't believe they added paddles and left it a 3 speed. Really not much to make people want one except the 700-4 Deluxe and it is too expensive for what you get.

I thought the manual shift on my old Rincon with the 3 speed was a VERY useful feature. It was extremely useful if you were climbing a steep hill and you didn't want it to shift and jerk you while you were getting close to the top. It had a bad tendency when you got into the shift range and let of the gas a little it would shift into 2nd and then immediately shift back into first and jerk you around. (Very similar to what the P1000 does in Auto)

Not having a way to manually control the gear was one of the biggest reasons I skipped over the P700.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably waiting for the current inventory to dry up a bit. And I'm sure anything their releasing isn't radically different power train wise.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I noticed in the picture of the new 500 that the roll bar beside the driver is different from the 16 model. I'm referring to the small diameter tubing on the sides.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I noticed in the picture of the new 500 that the roll bar beside the driver is different from the 16 model. I'm referring to the small diameter tubing on the sides.
Yes. That's. The torso bar a new safety requirement thanks to our government for keeping us safe because we don't know how!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yes. That's. The torso bar a new safety requirement thanks to our government for keeping us safe because we don't know how!
Thank goodness for the almighty government!!! Life would be so much worse without the amazing emissions equipment and super extra safe "torso bars" !!! If only they would pass some new laws that limit horsepower and top speed....

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is it the government or the insurance companies pushing to keep us safe (or their interests rather) how much gets paid to make some of that happen I wonder? Seatbelts and helmets too. Not saying it's not a good idea to wear them but in all actuality how can personal safety be a governed law? What damage are you going to cause someone else if you're too stupid to do what the law requires? I think it shouldn't be governed and let natural selection take its course.

Reactions: sharp
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is it the government or the insurance companies pushing to keep us safe (or their interests rather) how much gets paid to make some of that happen I wonder? Seatbelts and helmets too. Not saying it's not a good idea to wear them but in all actuality how can personal safety be a governed law? What damage are you going to cause someone else if you're too stupid to do what the law requires? I think it shouldn't be governed and let natural selection take its course.

It is a government mandate:

Sorry, it is a Polaris video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!