Multi 2017 Honda Pioneer Model Info - 700 Deluxe W/paddles, 500 Auto, and 1000 is MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it the government or the insurance companies pushing to keep us safe (or their interests rather) how much gets paid to make some of that happen I wonder? Seatbelts and helmets too. Not saying it's not a good idea to wear them but in all actuality how can personal safety be a governed law? What damage are you going to cause someone else if you're too stupid to do what the law requires? I think it shouldn't be governed and let natural selection take its course.

A lot of what insurance and health care look at is the cost of an accident. Say you don't have insurance to cover the cost of your medical bills. All that gets pushed to everyone else. The hospital has to eat that cost. So what happens is insurance then spreads the cost out to everyone, cost of health care increases overall, and the government makes more regulations on vehicles, sxs, etc to help reduce the risk of a serious injury and in an attempt to decrease cost to the majority. In actuality it just costs more for everyone all around.

It's kinda like primary care and specialty care. If you take better care of yourself upfront, exercise, have a better diet then you need less costly specialty care.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot of what insurance and health care look at is the cost of an accident. Say you don't have insurance to cover the cost of your medical bills. All that gets pushed to everyone else. The hospital has to eat that cost. So what happens is insurance then spreads the cost out to everyone, cost of health care increases overall, and the government makes more regulations on vehicles, sxs, etc to help reduce the risk of a serious injury and in an attempt to decrease cost to the majority. In actuality it just costs more for everyone all around.

It's kinda like primary care and specialty care. If you take better care of yourself upfront, exercise, have a better diet then you need less costly specialty care.
The government needs to stay out of it all together. They aren't going to " help" with reducing injuries it's just a cover to gain more control over our lives. I think that some of the safety features they have nowadays is where a company that makes safety features donates to a congressman campaign and if he wins he passes legislation that enforces new safety features witch more than pays back what the company originally donated to the campaign. Just a thought. Ok no more politics talk from me, rule number one don't talk politics with friends even though I've never met any of y'all. Lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
* Added a few pictures to post 1
There is a few more pictures with exact color info here --> NEW 2017 Honda Pioneer 700 & 500 Review of Model Changes

Wpid honda pro kevin chattanooga tn powersports news

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I personally think it's really cool about the 500 ! are they the same shocks is the Canadian shocks then ? How do people feel about them

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I personally think it's really cool about the 500 ! are they the same shocks is the Canadian shocks then ? How do people feel about them
No clue.
Canada only got shocks because their lawyers would allow them to remove the classification like here in the USA with a replacement sticker.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No clue.
Canada only got shocks because their lawyers would allow them to remove the classification like here in the USA with a replacement sticker.
You know that I'm dying here. I wanted a 500 before this but now...they didn't need to add anything for me to want one but this makes it worse. I still want a locker and you kinda got me excited by that center folding seat patent but everything I read on it they say it's just "fun" i totally agree with Joey about it being a perfect compliment to the 1000. If Honda would just gift me one I'd do a hell of a write up hint-hint!

Reactions: Eltobgi
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if they delayed the 1000 announcement to create hype? Remember they did the same thing last year when introducing the 1000.

My thoughts too.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
What kind of hype? It has already been released, the only changes likely would be some minor improvements over the issues it has. It seems odd to me.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

When I was originally in the market for the P500 I read some comments that weren't very good about them. Apparently they changed them to reduce the height of the machine to prevent tipping. There is a British guy on Youtube that has one and does very good videos about it and hunting and I think he had some pretty negative comments about the change from what I remember.

I think it cost them some ground clearance but I may not be remembering it right.

Hopefully that is not what they are doing to the US version.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When I was originally in the market for the P500 I read some comments that weren't very good about them. Apparently they changed them to reduce the height of the machine to prevent tipping. There is a British guy on Youtube that has one and does very good videos about it and hunting and I think he had some pretty negative comments about the change from what I remember.

I think it cost them some ground clearance but I may not be remembering it right.

Hopefully that is not what they are doing to the US version.
For the US, they just sent a sticker to "re-classify" it outside ASNI standards or something like that. Canada made them stick to the standards thus requiring shock adjustments.

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm serious about those 700 Deluxe wheels. Same bolt pattern and offset as the 1000?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For the US, they just sent a sticker to "re-classify" it outside ASNI standards or something like that. Canada made them stick to the standards thus requiring shock adjustments.

Is the new 2017 P500 suspension the same as the revised Canadian one or is it completely new for the US only?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am honestly hoping that they don't make any substantial changes to the 1000 just yet except maybe small improvements that will be available to all of us with 16's to add on to our current rigs. That's the only thing that makes economical sense to me anyway, but perhaps they delayed the release of a new model to make sure they found all of the issues like those they let slip with the 1000.

Reactions: sharp
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
What kind of hype? It has already been released, the only changes likely would be some minor improvements over the issues it has. It seems odd to me.
Not hype about the 1000 specifically, just hype in general as to what's coming. They hint at a total "game changer", then push back the announcement. And what do we do? We post, speculate, wish, and dream about what they could have up their sleeve!

They did it last year and had a machine to back up the hype. Hopefully that is what's happening again.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
They just said "game changer" in the powersports line. Not necessarily the SxS line. Motorcycles are expectedbin November as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!