P1000 2017 P1K5 w/Tracks

S

Sky-Comm

Mar 26, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but I have been spying for information the last 2 days. I belong to other forums for Harley's and Ski Doo's, so I appreciate the valuable info found within!

So I (my company) have purchased a 2017 P1000-5 (Camo). Delivery from Dealer expected on APRIL FOOLS DAY!!! No Joke!

We have purchased this machine for access into mountain top communications sites during the Winter / Spring months, so we have tracks (2017 T4S) and an all weather kit (front only) being installed. The all weather kit includes the Honda heater / defroster kit, full GLASS windshield, wiper kit, full hard top, soft front sides and soft mid back panel. I was hoping that some of you guys out there with a similar set-up could comment on this accessory package, in particular, the Honda heater / defroster kit. I have read every posts on here I could find about this heater kit. I see that some are not so satisfied with the vent locations, but do they work well enough as a defroster? Worth putting in, not in dollar terms, but in practical terms? I ask now before the holes are cut and no turning back on this decision. I know without anything, the glass will fog. However, I read some of you are getting by with just a couple of fans. Your feedback on the heater is appreciated!

I'm not a fan of cutting holes in new things unless its really for the best.

Thanks,

PS. No pics yet...ordered via phone / email.

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heater works ok . It's better to wrap the ducting with insulation while putting it in so you get more heat especially to the ones on the dash. A lot of cold air comes in around the shifters so I stuff something in them to help . Just a small fan mounted at the top corner of windshield will keep it clear most of the time

S

Sky-Comm

Mar 26, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heater works ok . It's better to wrap the ducting with insulation while putting it in so you get more heat especially to the ones on the dash. A lot of cold air comes in around the shifters so I stuff something in them to help . Just a small fan mounted at the top corner of windshield will keep it clear most of the time

Thanks wyodlr!

I have read the shifter air leak complaints as well ( HOT air / dust ). Wonder if this was addressed for 2017? Has anyone taken a look at this or posted on the issue for a 2017? I have not seen so.