P1000 2017 P1K5 w/Tracks

S

Sky-Comm

Mar 26, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but I have been spying for information the last 2 days. I belong to other forums for Harley's and Ski Doo's, so I appreciate the valuable info found within!

So I (my company) have purchased a 2017 P1000-5 (Camo). Delivery from Dealer expected on APRIL FOOLS DAY!!! No Joke!

We have purchased this machine for access into mountain top communications sites during the Winter / Spring months, so we have tracks (2017 T4S) and an all weather kit (front only) being installed. The all weather kit includes the Honda heater / defroster kit, full GLASS windshield, wiper kit, full hard top, soft front sides and soft mid back panel. I was hoping that some of you guys out there with a similar set-up could comment on this accessory package, in particular, the Honda heater / defroster kit. I have read every posts on here I could find about this heater kit. I see that some are not so satisfied with the vent locations, but do they work well enough as a defroster? Worth putting in, not in dollar terms, but in practical terms? I ask now before the holes are cut and no turning back on this decision. I know without anything, the glass will fog. However, I read some of you are getting by with just a couple of fans. Your feedback on the heater is appreciated!

I'm not a fan of cutting holes in new things unless its really for the best.

Thanks,

PS. No pics yet...ordered via phone / email.

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heater works ok . It's better to wrap the ducting with insulation while putting it in so you get more heat especially to the ones on the dash. A lot of cold air comes in around the shifters so I stuff something in them to help . Just a small fan mounted at the top corner of windshield will keep it clear most of the time

S

Sky-Comm

Mar 26, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The heater works ok . It's better to wrap the ducting with insulation while putting it in so you get more heat especially to the ones on the dash. A lot of cold air comes in around the shifters so I stuff something in them to help . Just a small fan mounted at the top corner of windshield will keep it clear most of the time

Thanks wyodlr!

I have read the shifter air leak complaints as well ( HOT air / dust ). Wonder if this was addressed for 2017? Has anyone taken a look at this or posted on the issue for a 2017? I have not seen so.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!