P1000 On The Edge - P1K5 - In My Future?

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
........I like the look of the hard parts also.

I can agree with that. I haven’t seen a hard enclosure on a pioneer 1000-5. But I was checking a factory hard enclosure out on a 700-4 this summer on the trails. they look very nice in person and looked to seal pretty good. The people getting out didn’t seem covered in dust and mud like we were. :)

Reactions: ChadD
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The top on mine does just flop around, I wonder if those additional parts might be available so I can retrofit my Gen 1 soft door. Thanks for the response.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda 2nd generation soft doors seal much better than the old ones. Im sure they're no where near as good as the hard doors but I like them. I would buy them again.
Agree with TripleB...installed 2nd gen Honda uppers and mid panel. I have satv flip with Honda hard top and inferno heater. I used weather strip to seal around windshield and doors as well as shifter panels and foam around top of cab. Works pretty good. Its the difference of being able to ride in the winter or not around here. I’ll pull everything next spring except weather stripping.

Reactions: ChadD and TripleB
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a lot of time researching this, I'm on the edge about buying a P1K5 Standard with full Honda OEM hard enclosure and heater. The 5 seater for taking family for rides when they visit. I will do all accessory installs. I'm having a hard time with the cost. We can afford it (cash) it's just pricey for a toy.

We live in an area with trails and dirt roads that are accessible from our home. Get on and ride. Use my 2003 Rincon now. So riding is not an issue.

Going full hard enclosure with a heater would allow winter use. Our mail box is 3 miles of dirt road from our house. Trash disposal is 31/4 miles. I could use the Pioneer for these trips year round. Trying to justify the cost here.

I have been talking to a salesman at a local dealer. They will not give a discount on the Pioneer. All dealers I have talked to are at MSRP.
The local dealers salesman will give me 15% of my hard enclosure. About a $700 savings.

I'm in no hurry due to having the Rincon to ride. I think I will wait and see what happens to prices after supply of machines goes up. I think I could save at least a $1000.
On the edge at 9200 feet in the Colorado mountains.

I'm open to input from you guys.
You say that’s “pricey for a toy” but if you do it, you will find it’s not just a toy, it is a very capable utility rig that you can play in. Not sure about your property but I’ll bet if you think about it you will realize how much you can do around the house with your “toy”. I move trailers, load and haul wood, load tools and lumber in it to a project somewhere on my property 3/4 of an acre (I’m lazy and don’t want to make more than one trip) it is a very useful rig at my house, the wife loves to take it to the shed and load up her seasonal totes. As far as enclosures go, I dont have much experience but I’d probably do the soft just because of weight and cost.

Diyguy

Diyguy

Dec 5, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey Ridinfool Thanks but,
This type of use has been considered.
To me it's a toy. It's not a must have item like a vehicle. We bought a new 2019 Honda CR-V a year ago. Love the car. This UTV's cost will be $5 K less than the cost of the car by the time I set it up the way I want it. We, the wife and I flip flop daily about this purchase.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Ridinfool Thanks but,
This type of use has been considered.
To me it's a toy. It's not a must have item like a vehicle. We bought a new 2019 Honda CR-V a year ago. Love the car. This UTV's cost will be $5 K less than the cost of the car by the time I set it up the way I want it. We, the wife and I flip flop daily about this purchase.
Quit floppin and start shopping. You wont regret it. Think of it as a reward for working all your life.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!