AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I'll phone Moose.
Sui
Al
Had to email Moose Racing. Asked if the "maximum torque spec of 25 to 30 ft lbs" sticker was important... Here's what they said:

Screenshot 20170804 134152

FYI
Al

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for messaging them. Now I don't know what to do. I'm very surprised at that torque spec.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
So I have a 2017 P500. This weekend in NH, I bashed the front bumper / skid plate pretty good going over some rocks. I’d like to avoid that. Any recommendations on new tires. Taking into consideration that I want to gain ground clearance while not being overly tippy. Also if possible, I’d rather not be covered in mud from the tires sticking out from the oem wheel wells... My primary riding is trail riding, I avoid going through any deep mud. Mostly dirt and rocks and some paved roads...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I picked up these tires from Chaparral. They only come in 25" so that made my decision easier. The price for all 4 was $219.00 no freight no tax. They are a knock off of the original big horn knock off the GBC Dirt Tamer. The tread is exactly the same as the Dirt Tamer (in appearance). They measure a little over 25" at 7PSI so I would call them a true 25" tire. They are 6 ply rated bias. I mounted them up over the weekend and went for a short ride, so far so good. The cases feel strong and I think they will be durable but time will tell. The way I see it if they last 50% of the Big Horn or Dirt Tamer I will brake even if they last longer its an even better bargain. So far they ride, look and handle much better than the stock tires.

View attachment 48680
Update on these cheap tires. Not really a long term review but I have put about 300 miles on them and so far so good. I'm running 7psi I have had no flats or punctures. I have ridden several miles on hard top and they are holding up well. They are not cutting or chunking on the sharp rocks. They ride smooth and handling is good. If they continue to wear this well they are going to be a bargain.

Reactions: HUCK
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I put 26s on my 2017. Before I ordered my new tires, I had the same concerns about climbing as you. Let me put your concerns to rest. I just got back from Moab, my P5 climbed up grades that were unreal. I had never climbed anything steeper with any of my previous rides. Plus the added ground clearance. Would buy 26s again!
How did your P500 do overall in Moab? I’m considering taking mine up there.

V

vinnie55

Dec 1, 2018
dubuque ia
Ownership

1. 500
I had 26x9x12 Roctane XD put on my OEM rims day one and love them. They are about 2.75" taller than OEM tires, they work well in all terrain from rocks to very muddy trails.
Hi did you put the 26x9x12 on all 4 corners ? Stock rims ?

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I now use the 26" tires (Maxxis Big Horn 2.0) with no problems or concerns. They run through sloppy, muddy water high as the top of the tire. Sand is not a problem. No rubbing. I did go with 1.5" spacers, in the rear only. The rear width is now exactly 53" and the front is still 50". I do not have a fear of tipping or bogging down. My top speed remains at the governed 40 MPH. I was hoping for a little more speed with the 26" tires over the stock 24" tires but it did not happen.
What width tire up front and in back? Did you put those on the stock wheels or aftermarket?

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Hi did you put the 26x9x12 on all 4 corners ? Stock rims ?
On my machine I did put 26x9x12 on all 4 corners. And yes, it did increase speed because the tires cover more distance when they're taller. The speedo always read 40 mph, but with 26" tires it actually DID go 40mph. Meaning the larger tire made the speedo accurate, where it reads faster than reality with the stock tires.

Reactions: J80
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
On my machine I did put 26x9x12 on all 4 corners. And yes, it did increase speed because the tires cover more distance when they're taller. The speedo always read 40 mph, but with 26" tires it actually DID go 40mph. Meaning the larger tire made the speedo accurate, where it reads faster than reality with the stock tires.
Looks great!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice rig! Let her rip!

BURNDOG

BURNDOG

Sep 4, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
I picked up these tires from Chaparral. They only come in 25" so that made my decision easier. The price for all 4 was $219.00 no freight no tax. They are a knock off of the original big horn knock off the GBC Dirt Tamer. The tread is exactly the same as the Dirt Tamer (in appearance). They measure a little over 25" at 7PSI so I would call them a true 25" tire. They are 6 ply rated bias. I mounted them up over the weekend and went for a short ride, so far so good. The cases feel strong and I think they will be durable but time will tell. The way I see it if they last 50% of the Big Horn or Dirt Tamer I will brake even if they last longer its an even better bargain. So far they ride, look and handle much better than the stock tires.

View attachment 48680
Haven’t got tires yet but when I do I think I’ll go with these guys. Name pops up a lot and it’s always good....🤷‍♂️

Reactions: J80
T

THeck

Jun 3, 2020
Southeast, KY
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I put 26” Originals on 14 in wheels. Rides a lot better with more clearance. Seems to do fine on hills.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!