P1000 2018 1000-5 Deluxe build help

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok folks I am once again in need of some guidance from those that have been there and done it. I am in need of more ground clearance for trail riding. Most of my riding is done in the Midwest, wildcat, rush off-road, Tennessee trails, sand dunes and some light street riding. I need to clear the deeper ruts and rocks. So what setups are y'all running to gain some height but also be safe. I wanna run 30x10x14 Terrabites on all four corners. Ive looked at the super atv lift and arms set up and the cfab set up. I'm not opposed to changing out the shocks if necessary. Any insight and guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
28 inch tires are max on stock set up. For 30in You'll need the offset A arms from Super atv on all 4 corners. You wont need the lift. Do you have the fox shocks?

With 30's you're going to lose some low end power. You may consider IGR depending on where you ride the most.

@joeymt33 @Ragnar406

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
28 inch tires are max on stock set up. For 30in You'll need the offset A arms from Super atv on all 4 corners. You wont need the lift. Do you have the fox shocks?

With 30's you're going to lose some low end power. You may consider IGR depending on where you ride the most.

@joeymt33 @Ragnar406

Exactly what ^^^^^^said;)

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@joeymt33 @Ragnar406

Stock shocks on it now. I know nothing of the IGR???

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock shocks on it now. I know nothing of the IGR???
IGR = Internal gear reduction

You will feel some loss of power when you go to a bigger or heavier tire. I don't think it is too bad running 30's in fact when i first went to a larger tire it made low more tolerable. Your big challenge will be clearance - Usually to run 30's you will have to add forward A arms such as the ones from Super ATV. If you ahve a 1000-3 you can get away with just the fronts but with the 1000-5 you will likely need fronts and backs. Each tire is a little different as well as tires that have a rounded profile like the Terrabites vs a more square profile. @Hondasxs run the 30' Terrabites so I will see if he can comment on the SATV a arms with that specific tire.

I for one had a lift but did not like way it stiffened up the machine. If you had aftermarket shocks you could add a little preload to them to get your ride height up a little bit.

Reactions: TripleB
Frogtown

Frogtown

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
I recently went with 30’ terrabites. I only put the front super atv a arms on and I have stock shocks with spring spacers for some lift.

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently went with 30’ terrabites. I only put the front super atv a arms on and I have stock shocks with spring spacers for some lift.
Did you do spring spacers on all four corners and arms in the front?

Frogtown

Frogtown

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
Did you do spring spacers on all four corners and arms in the front?

Spacers all around. I think i gained an 1-1/2 ground clearance

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!