P1000 2018 1000-5 Deluxe help

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 1000-5 Deluxe. Looking to add a little ground clearance without adding a lift. What
A-arms have folks added and what size tire can I put on the stock rims to give me a little bit more clearance. Nothing too crazy for tire recommendations please as I still need to run around town/farm/plow snow.

J

JTW

28’s on all your stock stuff and be done with it, unless you want to go down the rabbit hole with us.

Reactions: dnjones161
E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So
28’s on all your stock stuff and be done with it, unless you want to go down the rabbit hole with us.

So 28s on four tires won't have any ill effect on anything?

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So

So 28s on four tires won't have any ill effect on anything?
Can I go same size tire all the way around or do fronts need to be a lil smaller then rears?

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10" on all 4 is very common and is OK. The front will be wider than the rear though. A set of SATV or RB3 spacers can fix for you..

Down the rabbit hole!!

Reactions: JTW
E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10" on all 4 is very common and is OK. The front will be wider than the rear though. A set of SATV or RB3 spacers can fix for you..

Down the rabbit hole!!
So a set of spacers for the rear to even it out with th front width wise? What size spacers?

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So a set of spacers for the rear to even it out with th front width wise? What size spacers?

1" on the rears will get you close.

I Run 1" on the front and 1.5" on the rear and my front is still a bit wider. But I have taller tires (32" terabytes that are closer to 31" when I measure), offset arms front and rear, and a lift, so I needed to push the fronts out too.

Good luck!!

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1" on the rears will get you close.

I Run 1" on the front and 1.5" on the rear and my front is still a bit wider. But I have taller tires (32" terabytes that are closer to 31" when I measure), offset arms front and rear, and a lift, so I needed to push the fronts out too.

Good luck!!
So if i go 28*10*14 all the way around for tires and 1" spacers in the rear is is worth even trying to replace the A arms for any more added clearance or will the bigger tires take care of all that?

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if i go 28*10*14 all the way around for tires and 1" spacers in the rear is is worth even trying to replace the A arms for any more added clearance or will the bigger tires take care of all that?

Tough to answer. Remember that going to a 28" dia tire is only 1" on the dia larger, giving you 1/2" additional clearance (although I think the stick tires run smaller, so it is actually a little better than 1/2"). Is that enough for your use? The 28's are a good size in that you don't NEED to change anything else and you still won't rub on anything.

The offset a-arms are contoured on the bottom and give additional clearance in that way as well.

Depends on how you will use the machine.

J

JTW

Tough to answer. Remember that going to a 28" dia tire is only 1" on the dia larger, giving you 1/2" additional clearance (although I think the stick tires run smaller, so it is actually a little better than 1/2"). Is that enough for your use? The 28's are a good size in that you don't NEED to change anything else and you still won't rub on anything.

The offset a-arms are contoured on the bottom and give additional clearance in that way as well.

That’s only if tires run true to size.. most don’t!

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Trail riding some sand dunes, no extreme rock crawling etc. Work on the farm and plow snow. Just need a lil more clearance to make it through some of the deeper ruts. Looking to maybe make up 3"-5" inches of clearance without a lift if possible.

J

JTW

Trail riding some sand dunes, no extreme rock crawling etc. Work on the farm and plow snow. Just need a lil more clearance to make it through some of the deeper ruts. Looking to maybe make up 3"-5" inches of clearance without a lift if possible.
Yeah, that’s not gunna happen.

you either need to go with the HL 2.5” bracket lift or an arched WITH lift a arm..

you could also do something like the fox shocks and crank preload or do the spring spacers. But in the end, you’re asking for a lot of lift without consequence and that just doesn’t exist.

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3-5 is a lot.

I run 32” terrabite’s (measure about 31”) with arched a-arms front and rear with the highlifter 2” lift. So I have about 2 extra inches from the tires, and then additional clearance from arms being curved. It’s a significant increase. It looks like a lot next to a stock machine. The tires give the clearance though. The arms and the lift kit are there so that the tires fit without rubbing (I have wheel spacers too - 1” front, 1.5” rear)

But to get to 4 or 5 inches, you need to do some extreme stuff.

Get a good set of skid plates if your riding requires that much clearance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running 29x9 up front and 29x11 in the rear on stock tires in my 2018 1000-5. I want to say I gained an solid inch and no rubs, but I can't imagine you are gonna go any bigger without lift/arms/spacers.

It's made a significant difference in functional clearance for me for what it's worth, but I'm not a big rut/rock guy- just incidentals on the trail I can't avoid.

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so seems like my 3-5" of extra clearance for what I dreamed might be more then I bargain for. I definitely don't want to get a lift kit. So wheel spacers and some 28"-29" tires will help then possibly arched
A arms down the road. I try to avoid the deep ruts also just sometimes no choice. Trying to avoid collecting so much mud under the skid plate if possible. Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it.

E

Emmer75

Nov 17, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RB3 or Super ATV wheel spacers for the 1000?J gonna get the 1" for a little more width.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
RB3 or Super ATV wheel spacers for the 1000?J gonna get the 1" for a little more width.
I've got the RB3 1" installed in the rear and haven't had any issues.

OfNZMRLtRw Mlrsz 9JZjMy0DYchVxuOrkVolwh5WK5VhT2oEVei9H4oDxAhgAZjmx TC0DXEHj61oJiHGlw703 h937 no

O2adc1Yf1MuodHRwUA Ej KUM348xj9 NFNajl6 cxpQUx6iWWCUmVXZPIlZ7f8eYKso7jn2CzyVHPljkV w703 h937 no

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!