P1000 2018 honda pioneer 1000-3 eps shifting funny

M

Medorscorey

Jan 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have a 2018 1000 eps 3 seater miles and hours in known because my cluster is messed up for some reason. But I let my buddy borrow it for hunting season and he tells me it's stalling when he puts it in gear. So I drive it and sometimes when you put it in gear from P or N into D or R it'll stall sometimes. And also when you give it gas in gear sometimes it will go to roll fwd and stall and if it doesn't when it's time to shift it seems like I can't hear the shift solenoid clicking and it's a hard shift and seems like it doesn't know what gear it wants. Any help would be appreciated. I think it's either my clutches or a solenoid going bad. I replaced the battery and reset it and it'll shift ok for a few then back to messing up

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First thing I would do is get the cluster working or replaced. I like to make sure mine has the L or R and not the straight line on the cluster before giving it fuel. Ive gotten the subtrans grind a few times from not being in gear. I dont know about your other issues.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well for staters rule #1 dont ever let a buddy use your machine for a period of time. Your askig for issues in return cuz its not you fubaring it up. Now that lesson is out of the way, id try a trans relearn to make sure your not out of wack. Theres a good one on Lubetube (youtube) to help you with this. That would be a good start.

Now that this is your first thread and didnt do the welcome....
Welcome from the winter wonderland of Michigan.

We need pics or it didnt happen!;)

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A new dash cluster looks to be pretty inexpensive at Rocky Mountain ATV.

37200-HL4-405METER ASSY., COMBINATION (COO)$146.85$121.89

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you tried a clutch relearn. Next time leave your buddy out in the woods somewhere.

M

Medorscorey

Jan 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Right on I'll replace the cluster and see what it says I just figured someone might have had the same problem. Appreciate it.

M

Medorscorey

Jan 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So replaced the cluster it is still doing it and no codes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!