P1000 Help determining value 1000-3 EPS

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's not about using them all the time. Its about having them IF you need them.

Mud & dirt in bed? Use a bed liner. Less than $100 to eliminate that problem completely.

Then there is the full (stronger) ROPS cage.

Then there is the full roof to keep both passengers and gear dry.

Then there is resale value.

Those are just some of the reasons the 1000-5 is vastly more popular than the 1000-3.

Just sayin.
The only Pioneer that has a (stronger) ROPS is the 6. The wall thickness is identicle on the 3 & 5 . The 5 is about 300 lbs heavier than the 3, has less ground clearance, and a taller Cg.
The 5s extended roof might be of benefit in foul weather for keeping gear drier, but a tarp works too. I think the 5 has its place but it's ammenities are under used by most. But its nice to have a choice.

• Dislike
Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The only Pioneer that has a (stronger) ROPS is the 6
You havent seen mine with the chop top. Its sleeved with pipe on 6 corners, yes 6 corners cuz the P1K5 has 6 attachment points. There also drilled and bunged.
Alot stronger than a 6 and 3 or any stock Pioneer.
The 5 is about 300 lbs heavier than the 3
Not with a snuff tune 😏
I know were talking stock here n your comparisons, but who keeps the rig stock? Not a whole lot. 🤷‍♂️
IMG 3686

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You havent seen mine with the chop top. Its sleeved with pipe on 6 corners, yes 6 corners cuz the P1K5 has 6 attachment points. There also drilled and bunged.
Alot stronger than a 6 and 3 or any stock Pioneer.

Not with a snuff tune 😏
I know were talking stock here n your comparisons, but who keeps the rig stock? Not a whole lot. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 397955
I have seen your rig and it does look awesome. Please tell me the pictured weld was just practice.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The only Pioneer that has a (stronger) ROPS is the 6. The wall thickness is identicle on the 3 & 5 . The 5 is about 300 lbs heavier than the 3, has less ground clearance, and a taller Cg.
The 5s extended roof might be of benefit in foul weather for keeping gear drier, but a tarp works too. I think the 5 has its place but it's ammenities are under used by most. But its nice to have a choice.
The 1000-5 is stronger because the ROPS is twice the size of the ROPS on the 1000-3 (six uprights vs four and the horizontal bars run the length of the machine, not just half the length). Twice as much ROPS will hold up a 1,700# machine better than half as much ROPS. This is not rocket science.

Tarps vs a hard roof? Who wants to jack around with flapping tarps and bungees? The ridiculousness of your comment is blatantly obvious.

You made a choice to buy a 1000-3, and I'm sure you're happy with it. But I would be willing to bet a trail pop or three that the vast majority of buyers would NOT agree that the 1000-3 is *better* than the 1000-5, especially if you don't include those to rarely (or never) take it on the trails, using it primarly for farm or ranch work.

You are clearly posting here to be argumentative. Then again, that's the same modus operandi as 90% of your posts, so I'm not surprised at all.

Last edited:

73datsun

Apr 13, 2019
minneapolis
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For posterity:

I listed for $16,500. Had five people that wanted to see it. Sold for $16,500 cash. Less than 24hrs. I’m guessing I could have sold for a bit more as the folks that were looking all wanted 1000-3s and not 1000-5s of which there were quite a few listed in my area for 18k (two week old listings).

Thanks for the help. I loved the Pioneer and all the great products y’all helped innovate.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For posterity:

I listed for $16,500. Had five people that wanted to see it. Sold for $16,500 cash. Less than 24hrs. I’m guessing I could have sold for a bit more as the folks that were looking all wanted 1000-3s and not 1000-5s of which there were quite a few listed in my area for 18k (two week old listings).

Thanks for the help. I loved the Pioneer and all the great products y’all helped innovate.
That's a good price. Congrats on the sale.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 1000-5 is stronger because the ROPS is twice the size of the ROPS on the 1000-3 (six uprights vs four and the horizontal bars run the length of the machine, not just half the length). Twice as much ROPS will hold up a 1,700# machine better than half as much ROPS. This is not rocket science.

Tarps vs a hard roof? Who wants to jack around with flapping tarps and bungees? The ridiculousness of your comment is blatantly obvious.

You made a choice to buy a 1000-3, and I'm sure you're happy with it. But I would be willing to bet a trail pop or three that the vast majority of buyers would NOT agree that the 1000-3 is *better* than the 1000-5, especially if you don't include those to rarely (or never) take it on the trails, using it primarly for farm or ranch work.

You are clearly posting here to be argumentative. Then again, that's the same modus operandi as 90% of your posts, so I'm not surprised at all.
No, I'm not being argumentative, I'm being opinionated. I'm not dogging anybody. I feel percent of times the rear seats get used can be few and far between.
Nothin like a Honda vs Honda comparo.

Reactions: Smitty335
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
For posterity:

Well done OP, I think you did pretty well. That's a fair price for both parties

73datsun

Apr 13, 2019
minneapolis
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No, I'm not being argumentative, I'm being opinionated. I'm not dogging anybody. I feel percent of times the rear seats get used can be few and far between.

The 1000-3 was perfect for us. It was more of a utility vs a toy for us. If I was going for a straight toy, the 5 is a really cool vehicle. But for what we needed it for the 3 was perfect.

I've just knocked out all the big work and the rest of the stuff around our property I can use a smaller ATV and store it in our outbuilding, the Pioneer was too tall to fit in the outbuilding, so our vehicle sat outside.

Regardless, they are both awesome vehicles.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 1000-3 was perfect for us. It was more of a utility vs a toy for us. If I was going for a straight toy, the 5 is a really cool vehicle. But for what we needed it for the 3 was perfect.

I've just knocked out all the big work and the rest of the stuff around our property I can use a smaller ATV and store it in our outbuilding, the Pioneer was too tall to fit in the outbuilding, so our vehicle sat outside.

Regardless, they are both awesome vehicles.
X2, we use our P1K-3 mostly for utility. The roof and seats of the 5 would get in the way.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
X2, we use our P1K-3 mostly for utility. The roof and seats of the 5 would get in the way.
Precisely. The three is more utility task focused, while the five is more trail focused. Not that both can't do both, but each is better at what it's primarily intended for.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I can accept that. 🤟

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not sure how the 5 is more trail focused. Seems that it’s more passenger focused. Maybe I’m wrong.
The rear cage is a extension of the upper skid plate in tight off camber trails. The covered cargo is great too. Also in rain, you don't need the rear panel to stay dry. I bought a 3 seater because I planned on using the bed for work at the property and it was $500 cheaper than getting another 5 seat. I ended up putting a tool box in it so I could have dry storage. That eliminated the biggest advantage that machine had over the 5 seat. Long story short, I wish I would have bought another 5 seat instead. I've not used the rear seats since the first summer I had it 6 years ago.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
For posterity:

👏👏👏👏👍👍👍🤚👍

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The rear cage is a extension of the upper skid plate in tight off camber trails. The covered cargo is great too. Also in rain, you don't need the rear panel to stay dry. I bought a 3 seater because I planned on using the bed for work at the property and it was $500 cheaper than getting another 5 seat. I ended up putting a tool box in it so I could have dry storage. That eliminated the biggest advantage that machine had over the 5 seat. Long story short, I wish I would have bought another 5 seat instead. I've not used the rear seats since the first summer I had it 6 years ago.
I can see that, not having a 5 I can’t really have any comparison. I know that mine has yet to disappoint me. Maybe the 5 would be better. Idk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!