2019 Hoda Pioneer 700 wont go over 13mph

K

KellyB

Apr 8, 2019
Manville NJ
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4
Have a new 2019 Honda Pioneer 700, this thing has 0 miles on it. Got it off the trailer a month a go and parked it in the garage, took it out 2 days ago and it will not go over 13 mph. it starts bucking at 13 mph. of course the dealer is closed until tomorrow and this is bothering the s*** out of me. Any one run into this issue? +

Reactions: sharp
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Option C

buckle the driver's seat belt before you get in.
You will never notice it's behind you.
Still a good idea to wear it but you don't have to spend money to bypass it.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Option C

buckle the driver's seat belt before you get in.
You will never notice it's behind you.
Still a good idea to wear it but you don't have to spend money to bypass it.
That's what I do, since my 1st experience with this issue.

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know about others but supervisor of the repair shop loaded mine on the trailer and was waving me off as if to say good bye.
I slowed him down to ask some basic questions.
I get that they were busy on a Saturday but it was he was almost talking down to me. "I mean, you understand how to drive a car don't you?"
or "These are pretty simple machines, what don't you understand?".

For him, I am sure they are simple, no doubt, he has seen them in his sleep. And maybe there lies the problem.

They would be better off to make a video for each version then show them their machine briefly afterwards. put the video on youtube.
they would only have to do it once, not expect someone to walk a customer thru it a 1000 times and be bored by the 4th time. And rumor is that youtube is a bit more popular than a chilton's book these days.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know about others but supervisor of the repair shop loaded mine on the trailer and was waving me off as if to say good bye.
I slowed him down to ask some basic questions.
I get that they were busy on a Saturday but it was he was almost talking down to me. "I mean, you understand how to drive a car don't you?"
or "These are pretty simple machines, what don't you understand?".

For him, I am sure they are simple, no doubt, he has seen them in his sleep. And maybe there lies the problem.

They would be better off to make a video for each version then show them their machine briefly afterwards. put the video on youtube.
they would only have to do it once, not expect someone to walk a customer thru it a 1000 times and be bored by the 4th time. And rumor is that youtube is a bit more popular than a chilton's book these days.
My delivery was less than that. They pulled it 5' out of the shop, closed the door and walked away.
It was Dec 30th, so not exactly warm weather. But some guidance would have been nice.

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
sad that they pushed it out the door.

When i bought a new Harley limited in 2016, they rolled it out at closing, and manually pumped about 1 gallon more than the tank would hold all over the bike.

I just told the guy to step away, I will clean it up.
Maybe I should have made them clean it up but I feared he would smoke while soaking up the gasoline.

Reactions: Mudwing
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
kinda surprised by these, everytime I bought a atv the sales people went through a list, you do this and this. the Honda I bought about 10am and they had it done at 2 and they were having an open house there were hundreds of people in there and the owners still came around and talked to me and the saleswoman had me put it on my trailer but she made sure I didn't have any questions and didn't act rushed.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got a good delivery walk thru on mutiple purchases from forum sponsor, Honda of Chattanooga. Thanks Kevin @Honda of Chattanooga .
Rancher 420, CRF 250l, P500, Shadow Aero. Stick with a good dealer when you find them, keep them in business for the future purchases.

Reactions: L2R and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!