Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Please report back here when you get back. I have never been there and would appreciate any and all your input.
I've been there before but not with the Pioneer. It was so beautiful we planned to come back someday and I'm excited the day has finally come! There's 1000's of miles of trails in the Gunnison area. We're just going to roam around

SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Tin Cup Pass avalanche has been cleared.
"Trail Report - 7/13/19 from CORE .... [CORE] ........ Tincup Pass - OPEN to treeline! Forest Order Rescinded after CORE and Mile-Hi cleared the avalanche field on 6/30/19 ..... Hancock Pass - Open for about a mile, heavy snow where pass exits the trees ............ Hancock Lake - Open to treeline ........... Alpine Tunnel to Hancock Town Site - Open ..........

Hancock and Tin Cup still have snow that needs to melt, but it's looking a little better all the time!

C ocAQkk3sgde5kgBuyu9iRR1au22cBTDsP5LzAYoijgEKlyxkHuRFPDgXAN i oA6Er3iw nc htscontentfiow1 1

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Tin Cup Pass avalanche has been cleared.
"Trail Report - 7/13/19 from CORE .... [CORE] ........ Tincup Pass - OPEN to treeline! Forest Order Rescinded after CORE and Mile-Hi cleared the avalanche field on 6/30/19 ..... Hancock Pass - Open for about a mile, heavy snow where pass exits the trees ............ Hancock Lake - Open to treeline ........... Alpine Tunnel to Hancock Town Site - Open ..........

Hancock and Tin Cup still have snow that needs to melt, but it's looking a little better all the time!

View attachment 139641
I'm excited to hear this!

E

Ed_Dyer

Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2018
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please report back here when you get back. I have never been there and would appreciate any and all your input.
I got my first, and so far only, flat tire heading up to Hancock Pass from St. Elmo, August 2018. There was a stretch just north of the pass that was covered in loose rocks with sharp edges, and on the way up, one of these sliced open the sidewall on a rear factory 4-ply Bighorn, encouraged by a very modest side slope. Everyone before and after me was fine. After that trip, all 4 corners got 8-ply tires, BW Evo's. If I went back there, I'd replace the rear's with a hard-pack (light-truck style tread)tire, assuming the snow is all gone.

Edit: Oops, sorry, forgot to post the picture.

Flat SO600150s

Oh yeah, one more thing... if you're a lowlander with asthma, changing a tire at 12,000 feet takes at least 10 times longer than it would back on earth.
Flat 20180804 115839s

Last edited:
K

Kurt

Jan 16, 2018
Brandenburg, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just back 10 days ago from riding Taylor park are for a week. As always we had a great time but long rides were hard to do. High elevation trails ran into snow and lower trails ran into flooded streams from the snow melt. Trails will be good by September.
This Photo is about halfway up American Flag Mountain

20190612 140849

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Booked my RV spot at Lake City today. We’re going to be there a few days early. Our spot is #7 right above @Tramguage1 sites.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The
Booked my RV spot at Lake City today. We’re going to be there a few days early. Our spot is #7 right above @Tramguage1 sites.
Lady from the camp ground called me, she wanted to check and make sure we didnt over book. So looks like a good group ride for the Alpine Loop

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The

Lady from the camp ground called me, she wanted to check and make sure we didnt over book. So looks like a good group ride for the Alpine Loop
Yeah, she noticed your sites and rv’s and since we were with you she was going to make sure you didn’t if we were interested in being down the hill lol. It was all good. I called Friday and it didn’t sound like they had a spot big enough for my 40’ Toy hauler, she wanted me to call back. As luck would have it, she had 1 and we’re coming from our first stop at the Black Hills (Mt Rushmore) and thought we’d just stay at lake city a few days longer the 1st and 2nd cuz it looks like a really nice place to relax a bit and take in the views.

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, she noticed your sites and rv’s and since we were with you she was going to make sure you didn’t if we were interested in being down the hill lol. It was all good. I called Friday and it didn’t sound like they had a spot big enough for my 40’ Toy hauler, she wanted me to call back. As luck would have it, she had 1 and we’re coming from our first stop at the Black Hills (Mt Rushmore) and thought we’d just stay at lake city a few days longer the 1st and 2nd cuz it looks like a really nice place to relax a bit and take in the views.
Its legal in Colorado to get "rocky mountain high" now. Bet you can really relax and see stuff you wouldn't normally see! Lol.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Tramguage1 we found a cabin in Lake City and would like to meet up and ride with your group. Are you leaving right from your campgrounds?
Yes that's what the plan is. As we start our journey, I will keep everyone posted on our progress. I may start a PM and get a group text going. Then everyone that would like to will have immediate communications.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I'll have an extra camp site. Pull through rv next to me and 100acer if anyone is interested let me know.

Reactions: TimG and Remington
advertisement