Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Updated ....

Ff3c2b7e217b911f39de3e94a3caffb8

The discounts codes are BF2020 for Friday November 27 and CM2020 for Monday 11/30. The discounts will apply to back orders. Orders will be filled from stock in the order received and back orders will be communicated. SPOT items other than the SPOT Gen3 are excluded. Contact me directly for any deals on those.

Links for shopping:
Friday Offroad Communications Home
Satrurday Offroad Communications Home

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
All right .... I have setup discount codes for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Because of my agreements with a couple of manufacturers, I cannot tell you the discounts levels, but they exceed (substantially) the standard discounts I offer HondaSxS.com members.

This code will be working on Friday November 27 only (12AM to 1159PM Eastern) BF2020 it can be used once per customer Offroad Communications Home

This code will be valid for Monday November 30 only (12AM to 1159PM Eastern) CM2020 it can be used once per customer Offroad Communications Home

A couple of items of note

1.) My website will not allow combinations of discounts, but I will alllow stacking this discount on top of the SPOT instant rebate. You will need to email me for a custom code. As long as you email me on the date of the sale (as above), I will honor the discount.

2.) For November and December, I am allowing purchases to be made if I am out of stock for an item. I will contact you with an ETA of the items in question and will refund you if you don't agree. A couple of caveats:
- Since my supply chain reaches into China and the overall global supply chain is jacked up, it could be up to two months before I get some
items if they go out of stock. Please understand that many items will be at my cost and some will be below cost with these discounts.
- These prices will generally be very near my cost. I will offer refunds if shipments take too long but please only order out of stock items if you really want them. I get charged a fee for credit card transactions both ways ....

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking closely at adding a radio to my Pioneer. It will have limited use, until I need it, of course.
Without starting a new thread. Would a good pair of hand helds work? Or should I just step up to one of the radios and antenna kits you offer?
Are both Midlands weather resistant?
Does the 275 require a seperate speaker?
I'm leaning toward the 275 and waiting to use your discount.

Thanks

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm looking closely at adding a radio to my Pioneer. It will have limited use, until I need it, of course.
Without starting a new thread. Would a good pair of hand helds work? Or should I just step up to one of the radios and antenna kits you offer?
Are both Midlands weather resistant?
Does the 275 require a seperate speaker?
I'm leaning toward the 275 and waiting to use your discount.

Thanks

I would suggest vehicle mount. Neither of the Midlands are really weather resistant. You could make them more so by mouthing them in a water tight box but you have heat to worry about. If water is a convent, go with one of the other kits. The TYTs are weather proof (IP67) and they seem to work fine. Plus they are programmed to GMRS and can be used for HAM signals.

That said, the midlands are good units and very easy to use. With some thought, they can be mounted in protected spots. In any case I strongly suggest upgrading the antenna as that is crucial for our type of use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like having a TyT 8600 installed on a Honda ROPS quick clamp. Became a HAM as a hobby so its an easy move to the house or truck. Just got an extra antenna. Automotive headlight plug 9005 fits the water proof power plug.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Gotta pick?
How's the TYT 8600?
Recommended, three power settings, up to 25 watts (Use the lowest power that works is a good practice). Would buy again if needed. A lot of Ham quality radio for the price IMO. Never worry when spraying down the cab area.

5D536332 DFAF 461C 922A C680F7E31C16 EDAB9935 703B 4B15 AF10 BDC7E6D85CAF

Last edited:
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recommended, three power settings, up to 25 watts (Use the lowest power that works is a good practice). Would buy again if needed. A lot of Ham quality radio for the price IMO. Never worry when spraying down the cab area.

View attachment 235189 View attachment 235190

Did you use a Stock Roof Mount clamp in this picture to mount your radio?

Reactions: TimG and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did you use a Stock Roof Mount clamp in this picture to mount your radio?
Yes, the P500 size, thinking is different from a P1000 diameter.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just a reminder ... 25%off today (except current SPOT products - ie all but SPOT Gen 3) and 20% off on Monday

C64254466b9146d95515d218ae3ac315

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!