Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
SPOT products are on Sale through September 7, 2020

The club discounts also apply ... ends soon!

The products I have in stock are
SPOT X
Spot x with bluetooth

SPOT Gen3
Spot gen 3 satellite messenger setup

SPOT TRACE
91L0bkvj7AL AC SL1500
Trace tracking 800x

I have all of these in stock and the purchase includes free shipping.

Of all of these products, the Trace is a screaming deal. It is over 50% off and may insurance companies will provide a discount on your premium if you have a tracking device on your ride. A complete package for tracking your valuable Pioneer or Talon would run $69.99 (before other discounts - hint, hint) plus the monthly fee which is currently about $10 (and is done directly between you and SPOT).

Last edited:
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
SPOT products are on Sale through September 7, 2020

The products I have in stock are
SPOT X
View attachment 218907

SPOT Gen3
View attachment 218910

SPOT TRACE
View attachment 218912View attachment 218914

I have all of these in stock and the purchase includes free shipping.

Of all of these products, the Trace is a screaming deal. It is over 50% off and may insurance companies will provide a discount on your premium if you have a tracking device on your ride. A complete package for tracking your valuable Pioneer or Talon would run $69.99 (before other discounts - hint, hint) plus the monthly fee which is currently about $10 (and is done directly between you and SPOT).
That is bad ass! A great deal at that too..

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Figures. I bought a SpotX a few months ago. Been meaning to do a review, but feel like I need another outing or 2.

If it was a couple months ago, there is a rebate if you paid full price. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I’ll get the form to you. I am making the rebate “instant” - meaning I get the difference in cash back sometime in OCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
If it was a couple months ago, there is a rebate if you paid full price. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I’ll get the form to you. I am making the rebate “instant” - meaning I get the difference in cash back sometime in OCT.

I'll have to go look, but it was on sale at what I thought was a good price.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Does the trace plug in or use batteries?

Both. It has internal batteries that will last a couple days. I sell a waterproof power cable that connects to the vehicle battery for $20. I prefer to use the cable as it allows you to mount the device in a well hidden area. Plus if the power cord gets cut, you can still track it for a couple days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just a reminder that the SPOT sale runs through Sept 7. After that, prices go to their normal prices.

I have these in stock and ready to go. Plus the HondaSxS discounts will also apply

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just a reminder that the SPOT sale runs through Sept 7. After that, prices go to their normal prices.

I have these in stock and ready to go. Plus the HondaSxS discounts will also apply

Don't buy spit from this guy unless you are welcome to pleasant surprises! Great radio that I bought from him! Everything he told me about it is true!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Some of these days I'll throw up a review on the Spot X.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I’m ignorant on the topic, but why is this necessary?

I’m assuming for theft? Does it help lower insurance rates?

Maybe I’m just oblivious as I live in a area where there’s no theft per say and most Farms still leave the keys in everything.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe I’m ignorant on the topic, but why is this necessary?

I’m assuming for theft? Does it help lower insurance rates?

Maybe I’m just oblivious as I live in a area where there’s no theft per say and most Farms still leave the keys in everything.
I believe the trace is a tracker in case of theft (or the kids taking off with it).
The SPOT X and gen 3 are a tracker and communication device via satellites, with an SOS function that alerts the authorities as to your location. Press it, and the Calvary gets called in with coordinates. Will work where cell phones won't.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe the trace is a tracker in case of theft (or the kids taking off with it).
The SPOT X and gen 3 are a tracker and communication device via satellites, with an SOS function that alerts the authorities as to your location. Press it, and the Calvary gets called in with coordinates. Will work where cell phones won't.

ahh makes sense!

I can see how it would be helpful for sure.

Reactions: TripleB
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
ahh makes sense!

I can see how it would be helpful for sure.

[mention]DG Rider [/mention] was SPOT on - pun intended

The SPOT Gen 3 can send pre-programmed messages to “Check in OK” as well as has a dedicated SOS button. It sends a location report to SPOT that is tracked so someone at home who is concerned can go on line and see where you are and that you are moving. The communication. Is one way.

The SPOT X does everything the SPOT Gen 3 does but adds a keyboard and an LCD display and Bluetooth. It allows 2 way satellite based text messaging via the built in keyboard or via a Bluetooth linked smartphone (android or IOS). It also will display your location and other info.

The Trace is a satellite based asset tracker. Think of the more popular RZR tracker but using satellite rather than cellular network. If your rig is stolen it can aid in recovery and it will track your rides. You likely can get an insurance discount if you have one installed. They are small and can be easily hidden. I have one in my toyhauler and have cellular trackers in my buggy and pontoon. If I have any in stock on the 7th. I may sell them to myself and replace the pontoon and buggy trackers

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
This is what the SPOT does (pic), my sister can watch my trip from Denver to Phoenix and I don't have to 'check in'. She can see when and where I stop for the night and is waiting for me with a cold beer when I show up in her driveway. As long as the waypoints keep moving, she knows I'm not broken down, including my trips in the backcountry on the SxS. The SPOT pings every 10 minutes and the GPS coordinates get sent with every ping. If there are 3 or 4 pings in one place, she knows where I stopped for lunch. Knowing that I'm moving helps ease the concerns most women have when their men, SO or family, aren't home.

elkaholic: can the new texting SPOTs be used for two way, trivial texts like "Great day" or "Still leaving Tuesday" or other general "thinking of you" texts? The two way is important, perhaps an emergency at home that I need to know about for instance?

A day ride loop in the Talon -
I T69Wqsb X3

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
elkaholic: can the new texting SPOTs be used for two way, trivial texts like "Great day" or "Still leaving Tuesday" or other general "thinking of you" texts? The two way is important, perhaps an emergency at home that I need to know about for instance?

A day ride loop in the Talon -
View attachment 220515

[mention]CID [/mention]
Thanks for the image and explanation for the masses. Yes, the SPOT X allows you to send casual texts as you described as well as have communication with the monitoring center if you hit the SOS button. It is nice that you can reach out to merely say “ya gotta see this” or “hey buddy, I need some help. Can you meet me at x spot with 3 gal of gas” when you are someplace with 0 cell signal.

Reactions: CID
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Bumping this back up. Sale ends Monday evening

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!