Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Was looking at a Talon today and the dealer claims the 2019 is 1000's less than a 2020 would be. Is this what everyone else use seeing. I really rather wait until March to pick one up (Warranty will cover me all summer and better timing financially) but also don't want to pay 2k more for one then.
Im looking for an X and so far around me it seems $17,500 is the best before tax for a 2019. I don't mind using Honda financing if that helps get a better price. I did buy an ATV about 8 years ago through Honda and didn't know if that would also help me get a discount?
What is everyones thoughts?

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was looking at a Talon today and the dealer claims the 2019 is 1000's less than a 2020 would be. Is this what everyone else use seeing. I really rather wait until March to pick one up (Warranty will cover me all summer and better timing financially) but also don't want to pay 2k more for one then.
Im looking for an X and so far around me it seems $17,500 is the best before tax for a 2019. I don't mind using Honda financing if that helps get a better price. I did buy an ATV about 8 years ago through Honda and didn't know if that would also help me get a discount?
What is everyones thoughts?
If your no hurry just keep working them over put one dealer against another

Screenshot 20191104 192009 Craigslist Postings

Reactions: Mudwing
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Definitely no hurry but would get one anytime if the price is right. Interested in see what everyone out on the East side of the county is seeing price wise with the 2020 and 2019's.

Reactions: Plumber32
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Also what are the discounts on 19's vs the 20's?
Thanks

H

HondaTech

Give us a call, we can't advertise the 2020 models at anything below MSRP since their current model year, but we have 2019 R's for under $18k!

Honda of Fairfield
513-858-1000

Reactions: 906UP
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks Guys. While the turbo looks pretty cool, I cant really ever see any real use for it where we ride. Most places it is tight and if you over shoot a turn you are going off a mountain. The wife also likes to sightsee while riding so fast is not really an option for me. LOL

Hondatech - any X's up there? THANKS

Reactions: Arizona
H

HondaTech

Thanks Guys. While the turbo looks pretty cool, I cant really ever see any real use for it where we ride. Most places it is tight and if you over shoot a turn you are going off a mountain. The wife also likes to sightsee while riding so fast is not really an option for me. LOL

Hondatech - any X's up there? THANKS

All we have are 2020 X models so we can't advertise them as anything but MSRP. Not sure what the sales guys are letting them go for.

Give one of them a call, we open @ 10 tomorrow and we're there till 7.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
Picked up a 19x model for $16.4 ($18k otd) in IA, was 500 miles away, but the local dealer wouldn’t go below $19.6k out the door. So was worth the drive. Personally on the X would buy a 19 model if you can find one with the discount as there are no changes from 19 to 20.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
18 sounds like a pretty good deal! I think I would have drove for that also!! Congrats on getting one.

H

HondaTech

18 sounds like a pretty good deal! I think I would have drove for that also!! Congrats on getting one.

We're showing 2019 X models for $16,809 on out facebook if your still looking.

C

Chris200

Jan 6, 2019
Troy mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big at Charles motor sports
2019 talon 1000r $16999
2019 talon 1000x $15999

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thank you. I am going to buying an X but am currently getting an idea on pricing. We are doing a BIG remodel on the house currently and it is sucking almost every free dollar so I think I am stuck waiting until March or so. (I am trying to get a few of the accessories together now when I can spare a buck or two but the big 18K hit may have to wait a bit.) UGH. I am really hoping Honda offers a few deals in the spring to get people in them for the summer....

A

Agar426

Dec 1, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok, here's a question - I know on paper there are no changes to the 2020 models, but....are there any changes made to torque specs, computer programming, suspension settings, etc, etc that were made to address issues that arose during the first model year? Just trying to see if the adage of "never buy the first year of....." holds any water.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I spoke to three dealers about this and they all claimed there is absolutely no differences in the machines. I ended up getting a good deal locally on a 19 so I bought it. Didn't seem like there were a lot of "big" problems so I wasn't too concerned.

Reactions: 906UP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!