Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nobody said anything about truck tires. My pioneer I have to hit things at 3-4mph because of the big heavy tires. It f***ing sucks!! You can say what you want but clearance in an off-road vehicle is a good thing!
I’d say I wouldn’t go over 30 on Pioneer, our 29 feels great. Ya Talon will probably be 30 but I think we would be ok at 32. More, yes too much I think.
But... if the rig isn’t as wide and long it doesn’t need as much tire. 2 inches only gets you one clearance.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Considering I’ve been here loooong before you... I’m prolly not on the wrong forum. If you want to race... I’ll be in Moab this fall. Come on and put your money where your mouth is. We ride TN enough... come on down. I’m not acting like the KRX is the s*** for no reason... I’m acting like it’s the s*** based off the deficiencies people in this very thread have even stated over the years.

LMAO! Actually I have owned a Honda Pioneer longer than you!! Or at least I have been a member hear longer!! That wasn't rocket science to figure out!

J

JTW

The last no. Won’t fit, same as top. That’s just where we stopped. My Pioneer at 63 was scrapping rock on right and tires on edge kicking rocks over I had for open seatbelt off, looking down you didn’t see anything but 1000 ft down in places. I’ll send you better pics the following weekend when back up there with @WillyBill. People with quads talk s*** about how bad it is, you ain’t making it.
You say at some point size of machine doesn’t matter, I disagree. 50 nothing, adding 5 inches no biggie. 60 tougher adding 5 inches bad. A couple doesn’t matter when skinny but when adding a couple when wide you’re stuck fighting for trails with stupid Jeeps.
Nope.. you’re just being a kitty about it. You’ve finally went full homo in I4wd... going to be real great when you have the same issues on your talon that pj had. You went through how many machines to get a good one? Tell me again how great Honda was on that?!

• Haha
Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

I’d say I wouldn’t go over 30 on Pioneer, our 29 feels great. Ya Talon will probably be 30 but I think we would be ok at 32. More, yes too much I think.
But... if the rig isn’t as wide and long it doesn’t need as much tire. 2 inches only gets you one clearance.
Horse s***!

J

JTW

Ok... I’m done. Y’all get what you want. Truly, it’s your money spend it how you want. If a talon tickles your fancy, buy it. But if you have never ridden or been around a krx And you’re still running your suck... you’re just being a fanboy. If Honda had made the krx.. I’d have bought it, because it’s the machine I like, not the name badge! It just amazes me how some of y’all are just sooo caught up in Honda that you won’t acknowledge the issues. And let’s be honest... there are some real issues. In a year... maybe I’ll say the same about the krx... I dunno. But many of the flaws I’ve found with Honda were already addressed. It is what it is..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope.. you’re just being a kitty about it. You’ve finally went full homo in I4wd... going to be real great when you have the same issues on your talon that pj had. You went through how many machines to get a good one? Tell me again how great Honda was on that?!
Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby. That truly sucked. With my luck ya I decided against a first year machine again. ANY machine. I’ll let others do the manufacturer’s r&d this time f*** that! God I hope Yami doesn’t come out with the kill all because it’ll be about my timing. Probably still buy Talon because bugs will be worked out.
I really do like that Talon though my friend. It’s f***ing just fun. Now I know you like KRX and for good reason. Doubtful either of us would make either switch. I think we’ll both be happy. Takeover will be different our next time together. Still be fun!

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok... I’m done. Y’all get what you want. Truly, it’s your money spend it how you want. If a talon tickles your fancy, buy it. But if you have never ridden or been around a krx And you’re still running your suck... you’re just being a fanboy. If Honda had made the krx.. I’d have bought it, because it’s the machine I like, not the name badge! It just amazes me how some of y’all are just sooo caught up in Honda that you won’t acknowledge the issues. And let’s be honest... there are some real issues. In a year... maybe I’ll say the same about the krx... I dunno. But many of the flaws I’ve found with Honda were already addressed. It is what it is..
Not necessarily fanboy. I do really like the the dct. That was part of buying a Honda in first place. And the 68 will be too restrictive. Love Honda but did buy Yami because it fit us as second vehicle, so there’s that.
I do totally understand what you bought and why. It’s a good machine

Reactions: JTW
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Truthfully most of the time with most riders it’s good, at times better. I’m not going to lie about it though, it’s a slight traction loss. Any tire movement different from the rest can sometimes cause unwanted results.
We tested the Talon against the locker in multiple situations the other weekend. If I’m hauling ass down a trail with mud /snow it’s bad ass. Usually climbing it did good, better then can am Polaris did, one hill better then Pioneer only because of momentum, it and Wolverine were only ones up. Log pile and tree climb it failed like the Polaris Can am but not Wolverine and Pioneer. They have slightly different advantages. I will still buy it though because Talon can carry a bit more speed then our other rigs so it’ll stay up good.

What about the hill at Xmas no rig with a locker had made it up, but my i4wd made it up?

J

JTW

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby. That truly sucked. With my luck ya I decided against a first year machine again. ANY machine. I’ll let others do the manufacturer’s r&d this time f*** that! God I hope Yami doesn’t come out with the kill all because it’ll be about my timing. Probably still buy Talon because bugs will be worked out.
I really do like that Talon though my friend. It’s f***ing just fun. Now I know you like KRX and for good reason. Doubtful either of us would make either switch. I think we’ll both be happy. Takeover will be different our next time together. Still be fun!
I get it.. a talon would be fun. There’s no doubt banging gears and going fast are where it shines. I just don’t want to spend another 10k getting a machine where I want it because it says Honda.

J

JTW

Not necessarily fanboy. I do really like the the dct. That was part of buying a Honda in first place. And the 68 will be too restrictive. Love Honda but did buy Yami because it fit us as second vehicle, so there’s that.
I do totally understand what you bought and why. It’s a good machine
Get your s*** together and make it!!

• Love
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What about the hill at Xmas no rig with a locker had made it up, but my i4wd made it up?
I wouldn’t go up that in Pioneer. I’m pretty sure it would make it but not me driving, long snowball down if lost traction or chose line wrong. No trees to kill off momentum.
Like said I tried it in Wolverine and it might’ve made it without the bald tires, luckily it lost traction before the full commit.
You’re Talon front was searching for traction a little, but found it and yes honestly you made it and that was cool. I may have said I didn’t think you’d make it in video at first (ya no s***) but got overly excited when you kept clawing up. That was a baller move. If Talon made it up that...ya I’m good enough with it.
Only sxs up, it’s not some Jeep trail. It’s a dirt bike path from the Muddy Butt Motocross racers. You’ll see it if you look it up.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man really f***ed this thread up. Both other makes and i4wd. Just needed truck brands and politics. Well suppose it doesn’t matter, holdover ‘19s are now nonexistent.