Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The funny thing about your argument is.. I don’t think the trees are aware of the width requirements. I remember when only 4 wheeler trails were here and we said a sxs will never fit. Guess what... they do now. If you’re not riding trails and just bushwhacking then you find a new routes. The same that you do with any machine. I get not wanting a wide machine for woods riding, but there comes a point where it doesn’t overly matter.
He said the talon for that for the same reason we like the DCT. But again, add 35’s to a talon and tell me how great it is for crawling. The Honda’s just aren't geared low enough. Dude, I’ve got a pioneer on 30’s and that b**** will NOT crawl!!
I’ve been somewhere you ride sometimes. You should try here lol. See if you can find a way around, if Pioneer fits it ships if not you just don’t go into areas. Well see if we can “find a way” through.
B5386B3A F634 4253 84C3 0367B9B84081
58DF8D5D FDEC 46E4 96AC 6CACADDED7DB

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok so I gotta ask/debate the i4wd....I am one that coming into my Talon said I wanted a diff lock...I had it in my Jeeps and other sxs....but now having it in my Talon it has never let me down. The race team at KOH had no issues with it. I have yet to not make it up something that I thought crap I needed a locked diff. But I will say the advantages have shined every time I have been out. I can stay in I4wd, which to me is lots better than unlocked 4wd, all the time and it just flat works. My YXZ has locked and it becomes a pain to attempt a climb and not make and then go back down lock it in and go again....all while the Talon is already at the top waiting! So have you guys actually first hand experienced where it has not made it and locked did? Because I have not!!
Truthfully most of the time with most riders it’s good, at times better. I’m not going to lie about it though, it’s a slight traction loss. Any tire movement different from the rest can sometimes cause unwanted results.
We tested the Talon against the locker in multiple situations the other weekend. If I’m hauling ass down a trail with mud /snow it’s bad ass. Usually climbing it did good, better then can am Polaris did, one hill better then Pioneer only because of momentum, it and Wolverine were only ones up. Log pile and tree climb it failed like the Polaris Can am but not Wolverine and Pioneer. They have slightly different advantages. I will still buy it though because Talon can carry a bit more speed then our other rigs so it’ll stay up good.

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Truthfully most of the time with most riders it’s good, at times better. I’m not going to lie about it though, it’s a slight traction loss. Any tire movement different from the rest can sometimes cause unwanted results.
We tested the Talon against the locker in multiple situations the other weekend. If I’m hauling ass down a trail with mud /snow it’s bad ass. Usually climbing it did good, better then can am Polaris did, one hill better then Pioneer only because of momentum, it and Wolverine were only ones up. Log pile and tree climb it failed like the Polaris Can am but not Wolverine and Pioneer. They have slightly different advantages. I will still buy it though because Talon can carry a bit more speed then our other rigs so it’ll stay up good.

That's actually exactly what I would say... hauling ass it is awesome on trails. And I haul ass more than I find a climb that it failed me at (which has been zero so far). So it works for me a higher percentage of the time the way I want it to than it doesn't work.

Thanks Cumminspusher for the response!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's actually exactly what I would say... hauling ass it is awesome on trails. And I haul ass more than I find a climb that it failed me at (which has been zero so far). So it works for me a higher percentage of the time the way I want it to than it doesn't work.

Thanks Cumminspusher for the response!

I got in one wider trail with probably just over a foot or so on either side, muddy spots, small downed trees, very uneven and only a few times behind the wheel of Talon and first getting with it. Buddy was in Turbo Rzr with lots of previous seat time and a give no s***s attitude. I was actually able to get away from him, that f***er had as much usable power and handled so well it was a blast. It’d flip around so hard with so much traction coming out of the corners. Heart was pumping and big grin on my face. Absolutely fell in love., was incredible. Yes it was in i4wd through that, diff lock wouldn’t have been as good there.
Like said I believe both have there place, in that situation it shined! But that’s not always our trails. Crawling over rocks or downed wet trees it hasn’t the footing. Tends to hunt for traction rather then stick.

J

JTW

Ok so I gotta ask/debate the i4wd....I am one that coming into my Talon said I wanted a diff lock...I had it in my Jeeps and other sxs....but now having it in my Talon it has never let me down. The race team at KOH had no issues with it. I have yet to not make it up something that I thought crap I needed a locked diff. But I will say the advantages have shined every time I have been out. I can stay in I4wd, which to me is lots better than unlocked 4wd, all the time and it just flat works. My YXZ has locked and it becomes a pain to attempt a climb and not make and then go back down lock it in and go again....all while the Talon is already at the top waiting! So have you guys actually first hand experienced where it has not made it and locked did? Because I have not!!
I have noticed it doesn’t like slow.. i4wd does great at speed but there are times it’s like it’s hunting to find what it needs to turn all

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The krx power steering is so f***ing impressive I don’t even pay attention to it being in diff lock.
Are you the Tesla guy and you just bought a Kawi?

J

JTW

@Kilo427 i’ll let you take this one. Lol

J

JTW

Meaning it was built with bigger tires in mind... it comes stock
With beadlocks and 31’s... they didn’t just slap some cheap ass 28’s on it that are paper thin so it doesn’t kill the DCT. I’m honestly surprised by some of you all... we’ve had numerous discussions on the failures of Honda. Now everybody is like.... duhhhh, it’s o’tay My like’em Honda bestest cuz trees.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No... I actually own one. What’s your excuse?
Soon brother, towards beginning of the year. Cash is better then finance. Gotta truck to build first. 2 years I won’t have even one payment, ain’t f***ing that up.

J

JTW

I’ve been somewhere you ride sometimes. You should try here lol. See if you can find a way around, if Pioneer fits it ships if not you just don’t go into areas. Well see if we can “find a way” through.
View attachment 207333View attachment 207334
If we’re being completely honest... that first picture says a lot about why you are where you are.... as for the last. No big deal... krx would fit.

• Wow
Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With beadlocks and 31’s... they didn’t just slap some cheap ass 28’s on it that are paper thin so it doesn’t kill the DCT. I’m honestly surprised by some of you all... we’ve had numerous discussions on the failures of Honda. Now everybody is like.... duhhhh, it’s o’tay My like’em Honda bestest cuz trees.
I ain’t b****ed about gearing. It’ll do a couple miles hour. Bigger tires, well go three. I’ll save the 35 10ply truck tire for the truck.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

It will be real interesting to see a KRX long term with 35s and no work done....you do act like the KRX is the s*** and the Honda is crap....the Talon is not the Pioneer. I have had both! so can I say that the drivetrain on the Honda is much tougher than the KRX cuz it was built with a turbo in mind. So the KRX is junk because it can't handle a turbo cuz it wasn't built for it right? Come on man You are pumping the KRX just as much as anybody on here is pumping the talon. You just happen to be on the wrong forum to be pumping the KRX. But when asked to put your money where your mouth is you don't want to race me....And go ahead and show me the hill that you're willing to climb with your KRX that I won't go right up it with my talon.... Oh wait I'm supposed to say rock crawling! Seriously dude we have said they all have their deficiencies let's see how long and well your KRX last until then you don't know anything about it in a hundred miles....

J

JTW

I ain’t b****ed about gearing. It’ll do a couple miles hour. Bigger tires, well go three. I’ll save the 35 10ply truck tire for the truck.
Nobody said anything about truck tires. My pioneer I have to hit things at 3-4mph because of the big heavy tires. It f***ing sucks!! You can say what you want but clearance in an off-road vehicle is a good thing!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If we’re being completely honest... that first picture says a lot about why you are where you are.... as for the last. No big deal... krx would fit.
The last no. Won’t fit, same as top. That’s just where we stopped. My Pioneer at 63 was scrapping rock on right and tires on edge kicking rocks over, looking down you didn’t see anything but 1000 ft down in places. I’ll send you better pics the following weekend when back up there with @WillyBill. People with quads talk s*** about how bad it is, you ain’t making it.
You say at some point size of machine doesn’t matter, I disagree. 50 nothing, adding 5 inches no biggie. 60 tougher adding 5 inches bad. A couple doesn’t matter when skinny but when adding a couple when wide you’re stuck fighting for trails with stupid Jeeps.

Last edited:
J

JTW

It will be real interesting to see a KRX long term with 35s and no work done....you do act like the KRX is the s*** and the Honda is crap....the Talon is not the Pioneer. I have had both! so can I say that the drivetrain on the Honda is much tougher than the KRX cuz it was built with a turbo in mind. So the KRX is junk because it can't handle a turbo cuz it wasn't built for it right? Come on man You are pumping the KRX just as much as anybody on here is pumping the talon. You just happen to be on the wrong forum to be pumping the KRX. But when asked to put your money where your mouth is you don't want to race me....And go ahead and show me the hill that you're willing to climb with your KRX that I won't go right up it with my talon.... Oh wait I'm supposed to say rock crawling! Seriously dude we have said they all have their deficiencies let's see how long and well your KRX last until then you don't know anything about it in a hundred miles....
Considering I’ve been here loooong before you... I’m prolly not on the wrong forum. If you want to race... I’ll be in Moab this fall. Come on and put your money where your mouth is. We ride TN enough... come on down. I’m not acting like the KRX is the s*** for no reason... I’m acting like it’s the s*** based off the deficiencies people in this very thread have even stated over the years.