P500 2020 Pioneer 500 Review from a Maine Mountain Trail Rider

PortuguesePioneer

PortuguesePioneer

Jul 24, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Hey everyone, I just made a quick review of my 2020 p5 now that I have 300 miles in. It's my first SxS (coming from the ATV world) and I needed 50 inches due to some of the terrain and a few trails with restrictions.

VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
I know this is an old post, but I'm looking at a 520 because of the 50" width. Here in Michigan we have hundreds of miles of 50" ATV trails and somebody has to carry the cooler and gas can for the dirt bikes that ride with us. My grandson's GasGas MC85 doesn't have much range, only about 35-40 miles.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is an old post, but I'm looking at a 520 because of the 50" width. Here in Michigan we have hundreds of miles of 50" ATV trails and somebody has to carry the cooler and gas can for the dirt bikes that ride with us. My grandson's GasGas MC85 doesn't have much range, only about 35-40 miles.
The P500 and P520 are so close to the same machine you can apply anything you read/watch about the ride/comfort(or lack of)/reliability/etc to both.

They won’t win many races. They ride that 5” of suspension right to the bottom once you pass the curb. They are cheap in terms of SxS MSRP. They are reliable as an anvil so long as you don’t try to drive it across the ocean. You can spend way more than the MSRP on stuff for them if you want (I promise! Heck we can help you do it if you want). It will get you out and back every time carrying a passenger, cooler and fuel. If you have any specific questions just ask.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
The P500 and P520 are so close to the same machine you can apply anything you read/watch about the ride/comfort(or lack of)/reliability/etc to both.

They won’t win many races. They ride that 5” of suspension right to the bottom once you pass the curb. They are cheap in terms of SxS MSRP. They are reliable as an anvil so long as you don’t try to drive it across the ocean. You can spend way more than the MSRP on stuff for them if you want (I promise! Heck we can help you do it if you want). It will get you out and back every time carrying a passenger, cooler and fuel. If you have any specific questions just ask.
How big of lift on the cooler before you have to use spacers??

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!