2020 Tallon X4 shifting hard and stalls

E

Evradley76

Feb 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Been having this issue. Tried to reconnect all grounds under drivers side passenger seat and it seemed to help but Troy le is back again. Tries multiple times to do a relearn and it won’t take. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Add pic for verification.

IMG 5506

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also, like @906UP asked.
But do a “LOAD” test with a load checker on the battery.
Tell us what accessories do u have on the primary battery?
Do u have a second battery?

Reactions: Blownzuki
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
thanks for a pic - looks like the ones they stuff in picture frames at war-mart so kudos for the sunshine shot

year and miles and what other history on this problem - when did it start, what miles, how many miles have you been running it like this - any other history such as clutches replaced, are you warmed up when doing the relearn, etc..

thanks
Been having this issue. Tried to reconnect all grounds under drivers side passenger seat and it seemed to help but Troy le is back again. Tries multiple times to do a relearn and it won’t take. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Add pic for verification.

View attachment 439283

E

Evradley76

Feb 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
thanks for a pic - looks like the ones they stuff in picture frames at war-mart so kudos for the sunshine shot

year and miles and what other history on this problem - when did it start, what miles, how many miles have you been running it like this - any other history such as clutches replaced, are you warmed up when doing the relearn, etc..

thanks

2020 X4 Live Valve 4800 Miles
Clutches have never been replaced
Motor is warmed up when doing relearn. The MTAT stays on
I have two batteries this issue started on my ride yesterday morning

I did notice that the grounds under the driver side passenger seat are very rusty but no corrosion. I will be cleaning that up for sure.

Any help with ideas on things to try would be helpful and appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
did notice that the grounds under the driver side passenger seat are very rusty but no corrosion. I will be cleaning that up for sure.
Do that, test and come back with report.
Baby steps

Reactions: Blownzuki
advertisement
E

Evradley76

Feb 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
When you apply throttle in gear, does the unit ease the clutch up or jerk

Help sir. Since my last post I have replaced the battery and cleaned all of the grounds. My machine runs fine for the first part of the ride but the. It starts showing the issues. O have tried the re learn a few times and it won’t take. Do you have any advise? Thank you in advance.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
lol I meant to say hello sir not help but I guess help works as well. I have responded to your last post the machine runs fine until it doesn’t. It shifts fine most of the time but it seems like the longer I ride the worse it gets.

I think hes asking, when it starts to act up does it do what he asked in post #9?